x
Admin

What are 1-3 topics that other community members can come to you for support with?

Howdy, everyone! 🤠

For this week's question, we’re doing something slightly different! With so many new faces in the Seller Community, we thought a great way for folks to get to know each other is to share:

What are 1-3 topics that other community members can come to you for support with?

For me, when it comes to Square products, I’m most confident with troubleshooting Square Online sites. Outside of that, I love chatting about Instagram best practices in particular, and photography too!

So, what are the topics you love to help others with? Can’t wait to read everyone’s replies! 💖

P.S: If it helps, you can copy and use this snippet: My name is [YOUR NAME], I own/run/manage [BUSINESS NAME] and I can help with [TOPIC 1, 2 and 3].'

Tra
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 30
Report Inappropriate Content
29 REPLIES 29
Super Seller

I’m Randy Fulk, my wife and I own a mobile children’s boutique called Korie’s Kloset.  
Topics I like to help with is:

1 Square POS

2 Square Retail

3 Square Online

I also try to help with Square marketing and Square Loyalty.  These are the things I use daily and I try to learn everything about them that I can.  

A little off topic, something I would like to see added to the Help section would be a section for Social Media.  Even though it doesn’t really pertain to  Square.  I think it would be good just for people to ask questions a get advice from other people having success on Social Media. 

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Big Bows & Sassy Clothes.
Message 2 of 30
Admin

Plus, Randy is one of the most helpful people you will come across in the community! Also, great call out on social media too. Definitely solid feedback 🙂 

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 3 of 30
Super Seller

@maxpete Thank you, this is a great community.  

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Big Bows & Sassy Clothes.
Message 4 of 30
Seller Community Mentor

I'm a networker and resourceful.  After being self-employed for decades, I'm pretty good at giving suggestions on where to find help.  I may not live in your community, but I bet I can still make recommendations that you can find locally.

I've also done bookkeeping work for all of that time, so I can help with that too or at least help you identify areas that need to be looked at by a professional or give suggestions on how to do things differently.

Aside from those, I'm passionate about event planning.

Co-Owner/Business Manager
Arctic Heat
R&C Property Management
Event Planner/Business Trainer
Member - Women in HVACR
Member - Women's Leadership Network, Helena
Message 5 of 30
Admin

I definitely learn a lot from your posts and experience! Thank you for always sharing in the community!

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 6 of 30
Seller Community Mentor

Glad to hear it and you're welcome!

Arctic Heat
R&C Property Management
Member - Women in HVACR
Message 7 of 30
Super Seller

@tranguyen ;

My name is Keith, I own Pocono Candle Store and I can help with:

1.   Exporting data. Square gives all the Data most of would need but it might not be the way its easy to read.  
  2.  Troubleshooting Scanners and Square Retail items.
  3.   Work arounds - if someone is having issues getting this or that to work.... If it can not be done in Square I figure away to do it and make it work.
  4.  I am not good with Square Online or Websites with in Square tho, as I do not use a Square or Weebly site.

I like to give my 2 cents that may not always answer the question but may help see ways to get the answer from the community if I am unable to provide guidance.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 8 of 30
Admin

We appreciate you and how you keep it real with everyone too!

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 9 of 30
Super Seller

Great question @tranguyen thanks! My name is Charlie and operated my own retail card and gift shop for five years. I'm also a Maker and design handmade ornaments and charms, selling wholesale. Things I like to help with are:

• Marketing and branding, especially for retail and handmade businesses
  • Square Register/POS and the Dashboard, and sometimes Online Square websites
  • General business planning and operating
Message 10 of 30
Admin

Thanks for all that you do, Charlie!

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 11 of 30
Super Seller

I also love photography - it's my whole business! - but I have to admit Instagram is not my favourite.  I just can't keep an active profile going with all the regular work we have, which is good, but when the profile has no content for a couple months it looks like we've vanished which is bad 😄

I love giving feedback on interface and website design, I find the usability of a site is super interesting and so many sites are difficult to navigate.

Michael
New Light Photography | SUB Photo | Square fan
Message 12 of 30
Admin

Are there any platforms for website design that you enjoy giving feedback on more than others?

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 13 of 30
Seller Community Mentor

I don't use IG because our business doesn't lend to it's purpose BUT I use FB all the time.  Since FB owns IG, doesn't IG have a scheduling platform you can use?  I know there are several online schedulers that you can pay for, but I use the one within FB for our business page.  I schedule a week's worth, or more, for a specific day and time, usually on Mondays for the upcoming week to 10 days.  Then I don't have to think about it.  It takes me about an hour or less to get it done.  I plan it ahead of time.  I use the content calendar from Constant Contact that we're given as a benefit from our local Chamber for being a member.  It has oodles of 'days' on it, like chocolate chip cookie day or web designer day, etc.  I also have a content desk pad calendar that I buy from Staples every year and it is the same thing.  They mostly have different information!  So I combine the two, pick which days I want to highlight, find free pictures w/o copyright on Pixabay and then create my posts.  I've actually put together a seminar on how to do all of this and track the results, for our local Chamber.  It's super easy.  If you've got an assistant in your business, they can do it all for you so you don't have to worry about it anymore.  🙂

Arctic Heat
R&C Property Management
Member - Women in HVACR
Message 14 of 30
Super Seller

Hi @CareyJo We are the opposite to you in that we is IG more than FB, but we do link them both up so what we publish on IG also ends up on FB (bigger return on the resource put in to generate SM content) and we too are using the Meta Business Suite and use this to scehdule the posts for all SM on Meta not just IG. There are softwares our there such as Later.com etc which are paid for and they do offer some more functionality, but to be honest Meta Business Suite will more than suffice for most business needs, at least to begin with.

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 15 of 30
Admin

That's a great shout on scheduling content @phillipsrw and @CareyJo! Carey — I'd love to hear how the content calendar works for you. It sounds like it could be a great blog post, don't you think @Helen 👀

When I first started my Instagram account and trying to grow my audience (for vanity 😂), I was posting consistently at least three-four times a week and even had a note in my iPhone with all the hashtags that were both popular and relevant to the content I was posting. It took me a while to build it up and now that it's a sizeable audience, I only posted once a week on the feed, but try to share Instagram Story at least once a day. I pretty much take photos every day so using Instagram Story is a quick way of keeping people engage and also dump some photos from my library, haha. Using Story could be something to keep your page active but doesn't take much planning, and you have the option to tag other businesses/folks you work with into the stories so they can reshare to their audiences too!

Tra
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 16 of 30
Seller Community Mentor

I've actually already written a training seminar on the subject for my local Chamber because I'm one of the board members and we try to do trainings.  We haven't been able to get this one done yet, but I have the material.

Arctic Heat
R&C Property Management
Member - Women in HVACR
Message 17 of 30
Super Seller

We use Square tools for a lot of things - but sometimes in a more basic capacity. I find Square incredibly useful because you don't have to do a deep dive (depending on your business) to be up and running quickly with so much information at your fingertips. In general business people always come to me when they are having trouble searching for what they need so I'd say #1 - interpreting and matching up the solution, #2 spreadsheets and rubrics/metrics for assessments of business, #3 baking (jk) I'm the worst because I adapt recipes in real time the same way I run in business - #3 would be brainstorming and goal setting. I'm always down for a word cloud, inspo journal, pin board - anything that gets close to the why we do what we do questions 🙂

D [they/them]

MudFire CEO | Square enthusiast

Visit me at MudFire online
Message 18 of 30
Admin

Speaking of baking, what is your favorite thing to bake?

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 19 of 30
Super Seller

@maxpete Lemon Drizzle cake everytime...although not strictly a baked product I wish I could make a good doughnut (not sure my waistline would agree though lol)

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 20 of 30
Admin

I bet it was super tasty though! 

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 21 of 30