x

Appointments: How I I set up back to back appointment booking?

I want the calendar to only offer appointments that are back to back with any other appointment booked. For example, if I already have an 11:30am booked, and somone wants an hour appointment before that, I do not want it to offer a 10am, which is the time I open. That will leave a half hour gap. I want it to offer 10:30am instead. I can't change my hours, because the services are different lengths of time, and someone could book the 90 min at 10am. I just want to program to recognize the schedule and offer the appropriate time to make no gap.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

I feel your pain. We have the same problem. Offering services that take a wide selection of times is difficult to allow online scheduling. What you can do is not have your appointments set to automatically accept. You would have to manually accept them. This makes the customer feel like that time slot is more of a suggestion vs a guarantee. This way if you would like to suggest a different time for a customer, you can always call/email them and let them know that "10:30" would be better. And if the time slot the customer suggested works for you, then you can simply accept the appointment. 

Message 2 of 7

I have the same issue, which is the only reason I do not allow my clients to book themselves online. I talked to a Square representive in person at a trade show in early 2016, and they were stunned at the idea of needing this feature. Why isnt there an option still... 3 years later? Frustrating...

Message 3 of 7

I’ve been waiting on this option for years at this point! I know it’s possible s other booking software offers it. Squares “busy filter” is useless. 

Message 4 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Stephiesava, I am reaching out to our team to get some insight on this. I appreciate your patience. 

Message 5 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Stephiesava thanks for holding, I did hear back from our team. You can use the fake it filters to make their schedule look more full and only show openings around what’s booked. But outside of that, this would be a feature request. Feel free to reach out to the Ideate Board and provide your feedback on the need for this request. 

Message 6 of 7

Thank you, I will do just that as the busy filter isn’t very helpful at all.

Message 7 of 7