x

Barcodes on product

Is it possible to use a barcode that is already on a product and scan it to use in square? This would be much easier than what I do currently, adding each item in my store and creating a new barcode. There has to be an easier way. 

Message 1 of 7
Report Inappropriate Content
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

@BlueTruckBou Absolutely!  When you create the item just scan the barcode with your barcode scanner and BAM..it will put the number in the SKU field for you.  Or you can enter it manually, just more tedious.  The only thing you will still have to do is create the new item the first time and put in the name/photo/price/tax etc.   But you won't have to make new barcodes and put on the items.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 7

Can you read barcodes using an iPhone with the square app V.6.20

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hello, @athomasimage 

Scanning with iPhone is available on the Square for Retail application

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 7
Super Seller

@athomasimage ;

yes you need to click the Square in the Search area on the Checkout Tab to enable your camera.  Then use the circle to switch cameras (Front/Rear facing).  Normal 1D barcodes can be read and so can QR codes.  I did a video 9 seconds or so long on me using my Ipad to do this but should be the same on an Iphone.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 5 of 7

I can't figure this out! I'm sitting here trying to do it and can not find how to do this. I ahve the new item ready and don't see where to scan

Message 6 of 7
Super Seller

Do you have a scanner?

What Device are you using to try to scan the Item?

Did you go to settings in your Square App to add your Scanner?

here is how you can scan with an Iphone or Ipad, now this is on an Ipad in a Square stand but using the Camera built into the Ipad.   Now this is a QR code but works the same with a regular products Barcode.

Very short video I did  9 seconds long:

Ipad Scanning Natively 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 7 of 7