x

Blocked from Bing search

Screenshot_20210502-145721_Chrome.jpg

 when I inspect any URL of my site on Bing, it tells me that it is blocked from appearing in their search. It seems to work OK in the Google URL inspection.  I have submitted the site map and have changed the header to a Headline 1. What else do I need to do?

Message 1 of 6
Report Inappropriate Content
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Are you on Bing places? this seems to be the easiest way to get your site listed, takes around 3 weeks for the things to arrive though.

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 6

I've no physical premises, as I'm online only. Bing states that my site is known, but blocked and I can't work out why.

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Hey @MintDot, thanks for flagging this! I searched for the site on Google and search results are coming up for me, but I'm unable to see anything on Bing as well. I've reached out to our ECOM team and see if they know of any known issues with Bing search on our end. Once I have an update from the team, I'll let you know right away. 

Tra
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 6

Thank you 

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Thanks for bearing with me while I check this with the team @MintDot! There are no known issue with Bing search console as far as we're aware of. I tried to search other sites I know that have the square.site subdomain and I did get results on Bing as well.

Unfortunately we are also unable to help troubleshoot third-party search results. Hopefully the sitemap submission and header change will help but in the meantime, customers should still be able to find your site on Google search and access it normally. 

Tra
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 6 of 6