x

Can I customize the message that comes with an eGift Card purchase?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Changing EGiftCard Emails]

How can I change the message that is emailed as the egift card?

Message 1 of 7
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Tooie-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

This is currently a feature request. We don't have a way to customize the message that the customer receives when they purchase an eGift Card. If we have any updates on this, I'll make sure to follow up in this thread. 

The workaround available currently would be to include your website within Gift Cards > Settings > Configure > Redemption Policy:

Screenshot 2020-05-17 at 4.47.24 PM.png

Thanks again! 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Tooie and @Kimberly - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

When someone goes to purchase an e-Gift Card, they will be presented with the option to add a personalized message for the gift card recipient, as shown below.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Tooie-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

This is currently a feature request. We don't have a way to customize the message that the customer receives when they purchase an eGift Card. If we have any updates on this, I'll make sure to follow up in this thread. 

The workaround available currently would be to include your website within Gift Cards > Settings > Configure > Redemption Policy:

Screenshot 2020-05-17 at 4.47.24 PM.png

Thanks again! 

Message 2 of 7
Square Champion

Hello,

How can we change the redemption policy on a gift card? Selling a gift card that never expires does not work for my business and as I began creating my holiday gift card promos, I'd like to know a legal work around.

Best,

Alicia

Alicia | PEINT
@getpeinted
Message 3 of 7
Admin

Hey @rjonin,

Thanks for reaching out. At the moment you're not actually able to apply an expiry date to Square Gift Cards per our terms.

If you're looking at using a 3rd party gift card provider that allows for expiry, you can record these payments using the Other Gift Card or Certificate payment type on Point of Sale. Note that you won't be able to use Square Readers to process the gift cards, and won't get the automated integration into Square's ecosystem that our own gift card system provides.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 7

I would like an answer to this too, or see a change. When the client receives the E card, part of the message says where will call you at, and there’s no further information. It looks sloppy.

Message 5 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Tooie and @Kimberly - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

When someone goes to purchase an e-Gift Card, they will be presented with the option to add a personalized message for the gift card recipient, as shown below.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Message 6 of 7

The part I’m looking to edit it the part that is from Square. The confirmation confirms the business name and address and service/EGC then says “where we’ll call you at” and there is no phone number attached. 

Message 7 of 7