x

Can I enter a delivery order with Square POS?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: POS Delivery Option]

I see there is some sort of delivery option now available for online orders with Weebly.

I only use the POS system, and I'm not a restaurant. 

Is that functionality coming or already available in the POS? 

If not is there a workaround? 

Take an order over the phone ..., select pickup or delivery, process payment select from an existing customer ...or add new customer and address..then print a receipt with the address? 

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @cmoney-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

The delivery option we launched recently is for our Square Online Store. Which means that customers are placing orders online, and then the orders are showing up on the POS (for both delivery and pickup).

With that system, you wouldn't be able to create a delivery order that you took over the phone. We integrate with some other ordering and delivery apps that may offer this functionality. Let me know if you have any questions about this! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @cmoney-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

The delivery option we launched recently is for our Square Online Store. Which means that customers are placing orders online, and then the orders are showing up on the POS (for both delivery and pickup).

With that system, you wouldn't be able to create a delivery order that you took over the phone. We integrate with some other ordering and delivery apps that may offer this functionality. Let me know if you have any questions about this! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 9

I also need the ability to take a delivery order over the phone.

Please can we request this??

Message 3 of 9

I would love tho be able to have that feature too.

Message 4 of 9

need this feature for delivery and shipping.  

It would be great if all orders, including invoices, could go to the order screen.

Maybe this isn't the place to ask but can you  have orders from 2 locations appear on one screen or do  you have to bounce back and forth between screens?

Message 5 of 9
Square Community Moderator

This sounds frustrating @sweetnsaltys...

I will pass your feature request over to our product team. At this time yes you would need to switch screens in order to switch locations. 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

I also REALLY could use the ability to add a delivery order directly through the Square POS app!  I thought this would be a feature already for sure.  😞 

Message 7 of 9
Beta Member

I need this feature too!  

Message 8 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for adding your vote to this feature, @sangoflowers. We'll be sure to tag you here to let you know about any updates here! 

Message 9 of 9