x

Can I generate a report showing fees paid to Square over a set period of time?

Hello, I am getting my items together for taxes and want to know if there is a report or spot for me to look up the total number of square fees and amount for the year. 

Message 1 of 19
2 Best Answers
Super Seller

Best Answer

Select reports.

>Select Payment methods. 

If you select the + circle on the right side you will see an option to show fees.

You can the select the time period desired

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 19
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @PBradford - I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

As @VanKalkerFarms mentioned, you are able to see Square's processing fees listed on your Sales Summary report. You can select the date range you want to include in the report and there will be a line item for "Fees" under the Payments section of your Sales Summary.

If you are unable to review this report, it may be due to the permissions you have been assigned by the Square account owner. If you do not have access to the Sales Summary report, please reach out directly to the owner of your Square account. You can find more details on Reporting here in our Support Center.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Super Seller

Best Answer

Select reports.

>Select Payment methods. 

If you select the + circle on the right side you will see an option to show fees.

You can the select the time period desired

Message 2 of 19

I do not see a plus circle on the right side to show report of fees paid to square.

This report should be easy to find and access.

Message 3 of 19

Hello @sthomaier! Are you looking at the Payment Method Report on your Square Dashboard

Message 4 of 19

I'm right there with you. I have 3 charges on my credit card for 3 different days for $130.00  I can find no where on this sight by following anyones instructions or trying to reach a real person to ask how or why they are on my card.  I am not a buyer, I am a seller. I would like to be able to find how much Square charged me for the full year of 2018 for my taxes.

Message 5 of 19
Super Seller

Message 6 of 19

I eventually figured it out, thanks. I hope i remember how to find it next year.

Message 7 of 19

it should be easy and it should have been on the form they sent us for the IRS saying what our income was. this is infuriating.

Message 8 of 19

Not available on mine, either. Nor can year fees be accessed via reports; 1 month & 3 month fees are available but not yearly fees - which are needed for tax preparation. Fees paid should be readily accessible 

very frustrating 

Message 9 of 19

Best Answer

Hi @PBradford - I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

As @VanKalkerFarms mentioned, you are able to see Square's processing fees listed on your Sales Summary report. You can select the date range you want to include in the report and there will be a line item for "Fees" under the Payments section of your Sales Summary.

If you are unable to review this report, it may be due to the permissions you have been assigned by the Square account owner. If you do not have access to the Sales Summary report, please reach out directly to the owner of your Square account. You can find more details on Reporting here in our Support Center.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 10 of 19

there's no 'reports' on my dashboard. i'm lost. and i don't see how to contact them

Message 11 of 19
Super Seller

Message 12 of 19

I found how to report on transaction fees in a summary format, but I'd like to know how to see the detail under the summary. For example, I'd like to create a report for a given month that shows me each transaction and the fee charged. Is that possible? 

Thank you!

Message 13 of 19
Super Seller Alumni

From your computer's Dashboard, navigate to the Transactions screen.  Set the date range to whatever you want it to be.  Then click on Export in the top right hand corner, and pick Transactions CSV.  The file will be exported, and you can open it with a spreadsheet program of your choice.  You'll see each sale in that period, and you may need to scroll over to the right, but there is a column which shows the fees charged for each charged/debited sale.

Judy T Shumway
Message 14 of 19

Can you email the information from my fees accountant. Tks

Message 15 of 19

Welcome to the Community, @gurbinasr

You can export the Transactions into Excel and send it over to your accountant, if you like. 

GlassDale provided the steps on accessing it. 

Kassi
Message 16 of 19

Hello. I am looking to find where i can print a report that shows all fees in dollar amounts verses percentage. Example, swipe, dip or tap on each sale i make. 

Message 17 of 19
Super Seller

Hey @Modzines.  From your online dashboard, go to Reports > Payment Methods.  That report is full of probably every bit of information you need about how customers pay.  I’m not sure it has percentages for everything, but you can download the CSV and quickly use a spreadsheet it to calculate those as needed.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook

“Take what you like, take what works, leave the rest!”
Message 18 of 19

Hi @Modzines - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed processing fee reporting as well. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

Please see the reply from myself and @MichiganFarmsta, which have been marked as the Best Answers to this question Additionally, thanks for jumping in to help here, @TheRealChipA.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 19 of 19