x

Can I turn off the Sleep Mode feature on the chip + contactless reader?

I need to disable the Sleep Mode feature on the chip + contactless reader. It doesn't work well with our workflow and is causing issues.  How can I do this?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

At this time disabling Sleep Mode on the Square Contactless and Chip reader is considered a feature request. I will pass this to our product team for their visibility and consideration. 

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

Hi JJ. This appears to be a requested feature that has gone unresolved for over a year now. Is there any way to please escalate this request? Thank you. 

Message 3 of 6

At this time, the Square Hardware team is not planning to make it possible to disable the sleep function in the Square Contactless and Chip reader @quickdrawphotos.

I would recommend heading over to the Ideate Boards to see all of the Feature Requests other sellers have been submitting. If don't find this feature request there I will recommend you submit it there. In there you can also add your vote, comment, or provide a workaround for other Feature Requests.

JJ
Message 4 of 6

Yes, this is definitely annoying and ruins the workflow.  Having to continually reconnect it every day....  There should be an option to turn off the sleep mode fur sure.

Message 5 of 6

Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in this feature @TD2022 I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Message 6 of 6