x

Can Square Online accept cash payments?

Hi,

I run a takeaway, i'd like my customers to be able to choose whether to pay with their card, or with cash on delivery.

I can only see a cash option for the actual square pos app. But i need it on the online store so that the customer can just select 'cash' and their order will still go through and our delivery driver would charge them.

Is this a feature that Square offers?

Thanks.

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: How to accept cash payments at checkout?

Message 1 of 5
Report Inappropriate Content
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @JackH501, welcome to the Seller Community. 

Sorry for the delayed response. At the moment in order to put an order through a Square Online site, a card payment must be processed. What you are looking for is a feature request, I hope it's something we'll have available soon and if I have any updates on it I'll be sure to follow up on this thread. 

In the meantime, feel free to check out our helpful article on Checkout Options with Square Online. There may be some options you weren't aware of. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Hello,

Thank you for explaining that, can you please let us know when will it be available to accept cash payments? I have to point my customers to JustEat so they can place the order with cash there but we end up losing money due to the JustEat high commission fees, this feature is quite important I hope it will be implemented soon.

Kind Regards

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Hi there @greetalian, welcome to the Seller Community! 

I appreciate adding you adding to this thread and explaining why this feature would be beneficial to your business. 

It's really a popular feature request and we know how important it is, our team are actively working on a solution. Rolling out new features can take time for our team to build. Our Product Managers take a lot of things into consideration when developing new features and addressing the limitations of current features, so thank you for bearing with us. 

I don't have a timeline I can share but as I mentioned, as soon as I know more I'll be able to update this thread. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know, I've worked as a Web developer for many years and I can assure you that feature is really easy to implement it is not a big deal as it is only a checkout option they need to add.

It is causing many of us to lose money daily and endless waiting, Please pass this to some management guys out there, and if they are not capable I can find the right people to do it in no time!
Also please let us know at your earliest convenience how long do we have to wait for this?

Thank you

Message 5 of 5