x

Custom Attributes and Facebook

Hi

I am trying to automatically update my facebook items via my square data feed. I can do it once but can't get it scheduled because of an error within facebook (microdata tagging). In order for fb to keep track of my items and update availability it needs me to add the following data fields

Id

google_product_category

availability

Link

I have added all these as custom attributes in the square dashboard and populated that with data, BUT...

FB still can't see them and furthermore if I export my items as a csv I can't see them either!!! What's the point in being able to create cuatom attributes if they can't be seen by the third parties that require them?

Can anybody shed light on this please?

Does anybody sell via facebook with a square data feed that they don't have to keep changing manually ease?

Many thanks

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey @TJLawrence, wishing you a warm welcome to the Seller Community.

Oh dear, that definitely doesn't sound right. Would it be possible for you to send us a screenshot of what you are seeing when trying to import the custom attributes to your Facebook Shop? Are you receiving any error messages either on Square or Facebook? This will help us determine the source of the issue.

Additionally, Facebook also provides a Microdata Debugging tool, which is useful if you've encountered issues with your items or your inventory. 

Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content