x

Deceptive site ahead

I keep getting this message on a red screen when I try to access my site. It didnt happen last week when I first set it up. Is it an easy fix for a clueless technophobe?

Deceptive site ahead

Attackers on alphalandscapephotography.weebly.com may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers or credit cards)

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
Square Community Moderator

Hey @BigDave73 

Can you share the steps you're following to visit your site and the URL it shows when you get this error?

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 43

It's happening to me too. Please help!!

Message 3 of 43

Hi there, @abw15,

We can take a look at this for you. Can you please provide the domain name tied to your website that is giving that error? 

Ellie
Message 4 of 43

Message 5 of 43

It looks like we just needed to disable and reenable that SSL certificate for you, it should be working as intended now! Let us know if it still gives you trouble, @abw15

Ellie
Message 6 of 43

This is happening to my site as well, but only with Google Chrome, it's fine on Safari.  Also, Google has not been able to find me.  I know I need to do more SEO, but they are saying on My Google Search Console that there "is harmful content" on my page, and "these pages attempt to trick users  into doing something damaging such as...".  Any ideas.  I would guess this is why my website can't be found on any page when I use search terms.  Please HELLLLLLP!!!!!

Thank you,

Julie

Message 7 of 43

Message 8 of 43

It seems to have sorted itself out now. Thanks

Message 9 of 43

Happening on our site too! We don't even sell anything! http://100womenwhocaretroy.weebly.com/

Message 10 of 43

Welcome to the Seller Community, @shopleslie 👋

This appears to only be affecting the subdomain. When I visit http://100womenwhocaretroy.weebly.com/ I  see the described error. If I visit https://www.100womenwhocaretroy.org/ the site loads securely. 

I did notice your DNS was not setup properly which may have been the reason this happened. I updated the A-records to the site assigned IP address to correct this. Can you please let me know if you continue to have trouble loading the subdomain after 24 hours? 

One last clarification.. is there a reason why you are using the subdomain, and not the custom domain when loading the site? 

I'll be on the lookout for your reply 😊 Thanks!

Message 11 of 43

I wrote above, but perhaps I should have placed it down here.  

I am having similar issues loading my site from Google Chrome.  It gives me the red screen and deceptive site warning.  Also on my Google Search Console it says there is harmful content on my page and I am trying to trick users to my page to doing something damaging??  I can't be found on any google searches for key words that I added to my page.  I am frustrated because I can't work if I can't be found.  Can you help?  No sense doing more SEO if I have some fundamental issue.  I have an SSL certificate.  Thank you.  My url is https://compassionatefarewells.weebly.com/

Julie

Message 12 of 43

Hi @treehuggingvet,

Looking at your site now, it appears secure - please let us know if you're still having trouble on your end! 

Message 13 of 43

Thank you, but I just checked it and it came up on my googlechrome search engine as fine, but when I had my friend open it on her googlechrome, the same scary red screen came up and said "deceptive site ahead".  Also when I checked my Google Console, I am still flagged as one that has security issues and  'tricks users into doing something dangerous".  Any thoughts Arie?

Thank you for your help.

Julie

Message 14 of 43

How frustrating Julie @treehuggingvet!

Do you happen to know if your friend or has antispam or antimalware software running on their device? We'd also recommend trying on an incognito browser and clearing your cache:

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More .
  3. Click More tools. Clear browsing data.
  4. At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
  5. Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
  6. Click Clear data.

Please let us know how you go!

Message 15 of 43

Thank you for your help.  Google removed the negative label after I submitted a repair report.  I still can't seem to be found on google searches for mobile euthanasia in Wilmington on ANY page, but I guess I need to improve my website and do some more SEO??  Ugh!  I now long for the days of the Yellow Pages phone book.  It seemed more expensive, but easier to be found, lol!

Julie

Message 16 of 43

I'm having same problem with my new " .weebly.com" free website. All I've done is created a calculator on calculoid.com and embedded the code on the weebly page. 

I don't capture or request ANY personal information from anyone. This is just a quick reference too for myself to show someone.

Please help me remove the error.

this is the webpage with the error:

"http://leadvaluecalculator-viraleadz.weebly.com/"

Message 17 of 43

Hey, @LocalBizHelper I took a look at your site and found that your SSL was not turned on. I went ahead and turned it up for you. However, you will need to publish your website again. 

JJ
Message 18 of 43

I republished twice the error remains. (I also cleared my cache after the republish)

Message 19 of 43

Hello, @LocalBizHelper - Welcome to our Seller Community! 

Can you please provide us with your website URL/address? We would like to take a closer look at this. Usually this error is related to the SSL certificate. 

We will be on the lookout for your reply. Thank you. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 20 of 43

@sayra  - @JJ_  said that the turned on the ssl. I republished after that and it didn't fix it.

this is the webpage with the error:

"http://leadvaluecalculator-viraleadz.weebly.com/"

Message 21 of 43