x

Digital Items not working

Hi, how can fix my item? I have listed a test digital item and gone to purchase it and my card declines! I can purchase physical item with the same card with no issues!

thanks

Adele

https://dellipops.square.site/

Message 1 of 15
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for sending that on @AMOrhard-Reid, sorry it took me a while to look into this!

I can see that the item is priced at £0.50. At the moment, the minimum transaction amount required to process a card payment with Square is £1.00 so that could be why you receive a decline message when trying to order this item.

I hope this help! Let me know if you have any other question. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Admin

Hi @AMOrhard-Reid, so sorry to hear you had this issue!

Can you send me a link to the digital item you were testing with? I can definitely have a look on my end here. 

Tra
Message 2 of 15

Message 3 of 15
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for sending that on @AMOrhard-Reid, sorry it took me a while to look into this!

I can see that the item is priced at £0.50. At the moment, the minimum transaction amount required to process a card payment with Square is £1.00 so that could be why you receive a decline message when trying to order this item.

I hope this help! Let me know if you have any other question. 

Tra
Message 4 of 15

@tranguyen OMG that makes perfect sense! Thank you so much - I'll go change the price and try it out. 

Message 5 of 15
Admin

Glad I could help @AMOrhard-Reid. Feel free to reach back out if you have any other question!

Tra
Message 6 of 15

@tranguyen it was very short-lived elation! Now I'm getting an E.164 error ????

https://dellipops.square.site/product/digital-test-item/44?cp=true&sa=false&sbp=false&q=true

Message 7 of 15

the E.164 error only happens when I select 'save details for future checkouts' 

Message 8 of 15
Admin

Gotcha, thanks for letting us know @AMOrhard-Reid! Looks like it's an issue with the save details checkout - if you don't select this box, does the site let you complete the order?

Tra
Message 9 of 15

@tranguyen yes if i don't select the save details then I can checkout fine - what it looks like to me is that when entering your phone number for the save details even though I change the dropdown to the UK code +44 it doesn't register the change and puts the US code which of course doesn't work with my UK phone number. 

Message 10 of 15
Admin

Oh no, @AMOrhard-Reid! Can you let me know where the error occurred - was this after you've entered all the information and about to complete the order or did it occur earlier on?

Also, do you see an option to "Save my information for faster checkout" and was this tick or untick? 

Tra
Message 11 of 15

@tranguyen ive just checked again and it changes back to us+1 when you try to continuesq test.png

Message 12 of 15

@tranguyen

this still isn't fixed. On checkout of any digital item, after all info has been input, if you check the 'save details for faster checkout' box it asks you for a phone number and when you change it to the UK country code and then select commit to buy, it changes the country code back to the US code and gives an error and you are unable to continue to purchase. 

sq test.pngimage1150.png  

Message 13 of 15
Admin

So sorry about this, @AMOrhard-Reid! I've created a ticket for you with our engineering team - they are working to implement a fix for this but I don't have an exact timeline as to when this will be rolled out. Once I have an update from the team, I'll be sure to let you know immediately.

In the meantime, customers will need to untick this box for the sales to go through. It is definitely not ideal but we are hoping the issue will be resolved soon!

Tra
Message 14 of 15

hiya @tranguyen did you discover what was wrong with my digital item?  

Message 15 of 15