x

Donations while playing?

I’ve bought Square for our band donations. We play outside concerts in the summer and at Christmas. Does anyone know if I can set up Square to receive repeat donations? I guess a little like busking - I imagine having a fixed amount to pay, say £2.50, then anyone wishing to donate can tap and pay without having to re-enter details between payments. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey @BobB1 - this is a long time feature request. 

I work with a few charities & non profits & while there are some options that let you do this the costs are staggering! 

My recommendation would be to set up a donation link from your square dashboard, then have that displayed (maybe as a QR code too?) so anyone appreciating the tunes but with no change in their pockets can zip on over to the link to throw a few quid in the hat. 

The area you need to head to is 'Online Checkout' - normally towards the bottom of the menu on the right of your dash. 

Screenshot 2021-08-17 at 20.28.13.png

Pizza Is Chill

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hey @BobB1, welcome to the Seller Community!

At the moment, it isn't possible to pre-set Square Reader or Terminal to charge a specific amount only. You'd ned to manually enter each transaction at check out, whether by enter the amount or selecting it from your item list.

The Product Team is constantly improving the product based on feedback like this, so I’ll share your thoughts with the them. 

I would also encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Tra
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey @BobB1 - this is a long time feature request. 

I work with a few charities & non profits & while there are some options that let you do this the costs are staggering! 

My recommendation would be to set up a donation link from your square dashboard, then have that displayed (maybe as a QR code too?) so anyone appreciating the tunes but with no change in their pockets can zip on over to the link to throw a few quid in the hat. 

The area you need to head to is 'Online Checkout' - normally towards the bottom of the menu on the right of your dash. 

Screenshot 2021-08-17 at 20.28.13.png

Pizza Is Chill

Message 3 of 3