x

How can I view my customers addresses with postal/zip codes?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Customer zip codes or state]

I am hoping to find out where my customers are coming from.Anyone know how to find this info?

Thanks

Message 1 of 18
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Beerfarm!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

If you've been filling in the address for your Customer Directory profiles, you will be able to see the postal code when you export your Customer Directory from the Online Dashboard:

The .CSV file of your Customer Directory will include a column that states Postal Code, along with columns for street/city/state. I hope this helps! You can learn more about Customer Directory profiles here

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Beerfarm!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

If you've been filling in the address for your Customer Directory profiles, you will be able to see the postal code when you export your Customer Directory from the Online Dashboard:

The .CSV file of your Customer Directory will include a column that states Postal Code, along with columns for street/city/state. I hope this helps! You can learn more about Customer Directory profiles here

Message 2 of 18
Beta Member

How do we get zip code data from the square database. If we were able to use a different credit card processor we would be able to get this information from them. Can Square provide that for us?

Message 3 of 18
Alumni

Hi @smartmouth,

We are only able to export or provide the same information you see in your Online Dashboard. Please look at the steps above on how to do so. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 18
Beta Member

That’s unfortunate. I know square has the data. Can we request the developers add that feature to reports in the future?  It would be very helpful if we knew where customers were coming from.  Because of Covid we are not having customers enter anything in on our iPads. They are not touching them at all. Square has that data and it would be great if they could just provide it to us.

Message 5 of 18
Square Champion

Hi @smartmouth you can capture more information about your Square customers with an integration with GoGoGuest. We are a Square partner.

Take a look here https://gogoguest.com/connect-square-pos-system-data/

Message 6 of 18
Beta Member

This is from your privacy statement - if the information is "our customers' data" then we should be able to view it.  It says that you collect their address information on our behalf so I think we should be able to access that information.

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 11.10.25 PM.png

Message 7 of 18

Is it possible to get summary data of zip codes from a transaction date range? I'm not asking for specific customer names but just zip codes from credit card transactions in a certain date range that were not added as customers.

Message 8 of 18
Square Champion

@RaineyRRm hi! you can with an integration with GoGoGuest. We are a Square partner. Read all about it here. https://gogoguest.com/connect-square-pos-system-data/#new-release

You'll also find us in the Square App Marketplace under the marketing analytics category.

Message 9 of 18
Square Champion

@Beerfarm hi! you can get more information with permission through an integration with GoGoGuest. We are a Square partner (find us in the Square App Marketplace under Marketing Analytics). You can read about it too here: 

https://gogoguest.com/connect-square-pos-system-data/#new-release

Message 10 of 18
Beta Member

This seems incorrect. Am I missing something? I checked your website; it seems like a wifi landing page that collects data from customers. Not a way to unlock more data from existing Square cc processing data. Am I wrong? Would be interested in something that unlocks more data.  

Message 11 of 18
Admin

Hi @WhiteDuck! I see your post under @LWood 's thread as well. Just so I understand exactly what you're looking for, are you wanting customers to fill out extra information for you to have in your system? What customer information are you looking for exactly? 

There are no apps that integrate with Square Online, though someone could embed a form from MailChimp, JotForm, or any other service with the embed code section to help you achieve this - if this is what you're looking for.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 12 of 18
Beta Member

Right, like with Mailchimp I can email out to our whole list, and say "click here to fill out your profile" and Mailchimp generates a link they can fill in more info. 

Thought that might exist with Square - or even the ability to just say "can we ask just one thing? Your zip code!" and have a link that auto-adds it to their profile. 

Basically, as we're growing it'd be extremely useful to see where our customers are coming from. We have over 20,000 customers in our database, and asking them to just respond to an email would obviously be a giant amount of work. But asking them to go to a special link where we could grab just one piece of info and have it auto-magically added to their Square profile would be amazing. Square does this already with "ASK FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS' BIRTHDAYS" - would like to do that with zips. 

Message 13 of 18
Square Champion

Hi @WhiteDuck the link that you're seeing on Mailchimp is most likely the "Customer Preference Center" this allows your subscriber to manage their preferences. Which means they can add their zip code or other pieces of info.

For transparency, GoGoGuest is a customer engagement platform and a partner of Square. Our software can collect other data like Zip Code, birthdays, preferred coffee origin / flavor profiles etc. and associating that information with Square data and eCommerce data (if you sell online too).

Message 14 of 18
Beta Member

In Mailchimp you can add the *|UPDATE_PROFILE|* short code to an email and it links the customer to a page where they can update their profile with you. I use that in another business and just change all fields to “not visible” except the ones I’m asking for (in this case, zip code). it makes for a really easy, “just one thing please” ask. 

I’ve seen you post on other posts about zip codes, @GoGoGuest , but as far as I can tell from your site you do some type of public wifi landing page with the ability to collect info at the moment someone signs on. Your solution doesn’t seem to be one that allows for pro-active gathering of extra info about Square customers, with automatic profile updating or even a quick method of importing gathered info to Square.  

Message 15 of 18

Did you ever find out a way to do this ZipCode/Postcode collection from POS?

Message 16 of 18
Beta Member

I never did. I still want to. 

Message 17 of 18
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @WhiteDuck @chilternbutcher this would be a feature request. You can add your input to our Ideate Board.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Message 18 of 18