x

Editing an order

Beta Member

Editing an order

There doesn't appear to be a way to edit an order after it has been made. This would be useful for customers who put in a wrong address or want to update an address (add an apartment number, delivery instructions), or customers who want to change the date/ time of their delivery/ pickup order. 

24 Comments

The title of this thread has been edited from the original:Changing completed order for square online store 

I created an online discount code for 20% off. A friend completed the order but stated the code didn't work. I tried the code on another computer and it works fine. Not sure what happened. I also noticed my friend chose the shipping option rather than pickup on a certain date which is an additional fee. I have the setting to review orders before completing. I didn't see anyway to change the order or add the discount code. I was only allowed to delete or complete order. Is there a way to change the order? Do I simply issue a refund?

Super Seller

Yes, you'll have to issue a refund for the discount and shipping.

Square doesn't let you modify any open online store orders, nor do they show up in your sales reports until you close the order either on the PoS or the dashboard.

Since you can't reopen tickets, the only way to adjust a closed one is to issue a refund.

As for your friend not having the code work, two ideas: the code is (I believe) case sensitive, so "Discount" will be different from "DISCOUNT", and try to stay away from spaces in your code. They kinda work, but I have had more troubles than I care to admit with spaces...

Hope this helps!

@ryanwanner just what i thought about square not letting you modify orders. My friend most likely did not enter the promo code in all caps. Thank you.

I recently selected one item for cancellation(out of stock item) on a website order. The entire order was cancelled. Has anyone else had this issue?

Square Community Moderator

Hey @DHolmes,

I moved your post to an existing thread that goes over how editing orders with the online store works.

Unfortunately you're not able to edit a completed order to fix one item and it will cancel the whole order if you go into it. 

The order had not been marked as complete when I canceled the item. So how do I remove an item that’s out of stock on a order that has come in?Our inventory is off because items are not syncing up properly in the square system. Any help is greatly appreciated 

@DHolmes I checked in with Weebly just to be sure but no matter what the order status is- you aren't able to edit an order once it's been placed. 

I hope they find a solution for this, seeing that the pos and website do not always sync up properly. Otherwise we have to cancel an entire order because 1 item is out of stock. It also makes explaining that to the customer more difficult. I am now rethinking using the square for retail.

Thanks for your time and the information. If you have any suggestions on this, please let me know.

One of our orders were accidentally changed to completed and it should still be in progress.  So we can track and fill these orders I would like to know if and how I can change it back to in progress so we don't miss this order.  Any suggestions??

Thanks 

Hey there, @SpringK

Welcome to the Community! 

I moved your post to a thread where some other sellers asked a similar question.  

At this time, you cannot make changes to the order once you've completed the order. 

Thank you!