x

How do I view notes that were added to custom amount sales at the end of each day?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Custom & Description

When using Custom Amount, we enter in a description, but that description doesn't show up on the end of day report. We have to print out every receipt to find what the custom amount was for. We have a consignment fabric store and this is really hard. Am I missing something?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hi @BKalous! If you're looking for a more detailed report you'll need to sign in to your account online. All of the information added to the notes field during a sale is available in the Item Detail CSV report. Here's how to download that report:

1. Sign in at squareup.com/login.
  2. Click Items > edit the date range.
  3. Click Export in the top right > select Item Detail CSV > look at the Notes column.

Can you access your Dashboard from your store?

Oh and we are rolling out decimal quantities with Point of Sale — might that feature help too? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 5

Thank you so much, that did the trick! Barb

Message 3 of 5

Helen,

I have been through a number of "answers" dating back several years and they all have come up empty for me. That is, the csv detail file that I download shows what the transaction is for (in my case an annual donation), NOT what the customer added (such as where to apply the funds). Can't say I'm enjoying going to each individual email transaction to find the info I need.

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @gmc55,

Welcome to the Community.

Is the "annual donation" a category you created that you want to see reflected on the file or something the customers would note when they donate?

Can you please provide a screenshot example to ensure I'm fully understanding? 

I look forward to your reply.

Message 5 of 5