x

Shipping for Square Invoices

The title of this thread has been edited by a Square Moderator from the original: "THERE IS NO SHIPPING Service FOR INVOICES"

Please do not waste your time with all the Shipping Nonsense ,     This is only for On LINE STORES .

If you send an invoice out to your client and they pay, there is no way to ship , 

There is no work around,     There is no direct answer from Square ,  Its is for NULL AN VOID.

I have spent countless hours, please do not waste your time

The PLUS program also is not going to help you with the Shipping . 

Please do not waste your money on that. 

So you cannot use any Shipping Service such as Shippo .

You cannot mark  your invoice as shipped .      

This has been very Frustrating for many as well as the hoops we have been asked to try.   

Message 1 of 240
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @phantomrain @LizS1 @DLRosenberg Appreciate all the insights. We have recently launched invoices x shipping. The option to create an Order for shipping is now an option when you are creating an Invoice. You can still request a buyer's shipping address like before. Once an invoice is paid, you can purchase a shipping label through Square, or add a manual tracking number. Check out https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/8080-set-up-shipping-for-square-invoices?utm_medium=web&utm_... to learn more! Thanks so much.

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 240
239 REPLIES 239
Square

Hi @FreedomThreads @mamastitch. While I don't have an update to offer right now, I know that this is a feature ask that our Invoices team is definitely keeping an eye on. I'll be sure to share more details in the future when I have them. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 43 of 240

Thank you Sean, I look forward to this being possible.  I have some people who do not have/like PayPal, so having anohter option for invoices would be great.

Message 44 of 240

I thought for sure I was missing something after sending my first few invoices, but No, it's really true!  There is no Shipping Address fields on the Invoice?  Make it simple, add one large free text field for now, something please. I really dont want to be forced to use Paypal due to this. Thanks!!

Message 45 of 240

I came to Square because I was tired of my account being hacked while using PayPal! I'm frustrated that this isn't a feature and I guess I'll be returning to PayPal for all of my invoices...

Message 46 of 240
Admin

Hey @LippyQueen, thanks for taking the time to reach out here. While we do not have any new developments on this request right now, I'll be sharing your post with our Product Liaison team. Please do keep in touch for updates.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 47 of 240

We sell and deliver goods to users and would love to have a space to add a shipping address to the invoice, saved transaction or reciept so that we know where we are taking items at one glance. PLEASE add this feature.

Message 48 of 240

Please add the ability to collect shipping information asap!  This is an absolute neccesity when selling products on FB, Online, word of mouth, etc. It is embarrassing to say "can you also send me your address becuase Square doesnt collect it during checkout."

I don't want to switch to paypal but if I must then so be it to avoid this completely. 

Message 49 of 240

Can I add the customers address to their invoice?  I want to print them out and have their address listed under there name in the customer section and I am having trouble.  

Message 50 of 240

Hello @julielaird, welcome to the Seller Community!

This is a great feature request that we've been tracking. I added your comment here so we can keep the discussion in one place. This feature isn't available yet, but we will post any updates in this thread! 

Message 51 of 240

Chad - just for your tracking purposes, I've had to resort to using PayPal for almost $19,000 worth of invoices over the last 4 months.  The ONLY reason I use PayPal is so my customers can add their shipping address at the same time they're paying the invoice.  Maybe it's not enough sales to bump this issue up the ladder in your company's eyes but it makes all the difference in the world to me that I have streamlined communication with my customers during internet transactions.

Message 52 of 240

I have to wonder how long this issue will be "tracked" and how many users have to request it, for the company to actually put it into use? I hate PayPal, but sell personalized items. I'm not setting up a "store" on here for that. How hard can it truly be to add that, when it's clearly desired? This thread has been active for over a year......

Message 53 of 240
Square Community Moderator

Hi @mamastitch

Sorry to hear you've had to resort to using other invoice services for your business. 

I don't have anything new around this as far as updates and timelines, but that doesn't mean you're not being heard. 

Our Invoice Team takes all of the seller feedback that we get, and we use this feedback to help us prioritize what we work on soon, and what we unfortunately have to delay until later.

If anything new comes up we'll be sure to post an update. 

Message 54 of 240
Square

I went ahead and moved another realted thread to this one. For the new folks in this thread, we recently released this feature. Please check out Page 1 for more details! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 55 of 240
Square

Hello. While there isn't a built-in method for adding shipping to an invoice, you could create an item named "shipping," and then add it to your invoice. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 56 of 240

I do that. I create an item "Shipping" on invoice to cover shipping costs buyer has to pay.

Problem is, it is incorporated on invoice total and "shipping"  is then included on fees Square is collecting.

Message 57 of 240
Super Seller

@florames54

shipping should be included because Square is collecting that amount of money (invoice + shipping) so they of course are going to charge you their fee.  processing $100 invoice costs square in credit card fees and such just like a invoice of $109 (including shipping) costs them in credit card fees.

look at it from the end user buying with a credit card fee.  The credit card statement doesn't break out shipping fees per line item and not charge interest on them.

Message 58 of 240

We also found that when you offer discounts, it automatically applies to the shipping amount which is crazy.

Message 59 of 240

Pick product line itemPick product line itemCustomize tab and chose item discounts and taxes only..Customize tab and chose item discounts and taxes only..Add item shipping last "variable"Add item shipping last "variable"customize each line itemcustomize each line itemto remove discounts from line item shippingto remove discounts from line item shipping

Message 60 of 240

Adding a shipping line to the description does work but if you want to give a customer a discount on the item it also discounts the shipping which can be problematic.  Any chance of a shipping line coming to the invoicing in the near future?

Message 61 of 240

You guys, I'm LEAVING Xero for this very reason - they too do not have a separate field for shipping charges - here's why your suggested solution is unacceptable: If I have a shipping charge included into my subtotal before tax is applied, then my customer is paying tax on shipping.  This is not okay.  Why is it so hard to create a shipping charge field separate from the items subtotal?  This is a non-starter for invoicing.

Message 62 of 240

If you put the line item "shipping" and edit that item (in your item list) to not have sales tax, then it won't charge tax on the shipping.

Message 63 of 240