x

Shipping for Square Invoices

The title of this thread has been edited by a Square Moderator from the original: "THERE IS NO SHIPPING Service FOR INVOICES"

Please do not waste your time with all the Shipping Nonsense ,     This is only for On LINE STORES .

If you send an invoice out to your client and they pay, there is no way to ship , 

There is no work around,     There is no direct answer from Square ,  Its is for NULL AN VOID.

I have spent countless hours, please do not waste your time

The PLUS program also is not going to help you with the Shipping . 

Please do not waste your money on that. 

So you cannot use any Shipping Service such as Shippo .

You cannot mark  your invoice as shipped .      

This has been very Frustrating for many as well as the hoops we have been asked to try.   

Message 1 of 240
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @phantomrain @LizS1 @DLRosenberg Appreciate all the insights. We have recently launched invoices x shipping. The option to create an Order for shipping is now an option when you are creating an Invoice. You can still request a buyer's shipping address like before. Once an invoice is paid, you can purchase a shipping label through Square, or add a manual tracking number. Check out https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/8080-set-up-shipping-for-square-invoices?utm_medium=web&utm_... to learn more! Thanks so much.

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 240
239 REPLIES 239

Tax on shipping is a State to State decision, so tax on shipping is legal. Typically in your State, if the contents of what your shipping is taxable, so are the shipping costs.

My question is how is a client supposed to track their shipment if we can't mark as shipped and add tracking information?

Message 64 of 240
Admin

Hi @G2A! Welcome to the Seller Community! Once you've shipped something from the Online store, you can mark the status as "shipped" and then enter tracking info that is sent to the customer and stored with the order from then on. 

If you need some help with this, you can always contact the Weebly Support team!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 65 of 240

But invoices aren't from the online store.

Message 66 of 240

Agreed- it is not industry standard or acceptible to charge tax on shipping. Not even sure if that is legal?

Also, this is issue is more of a bug. If my wholesale customers have a coupon code, you can't add the flat-rate shipping as a line-item, because it will deduct the % of the coupon from the shipping cost as well.

Square, fix this asap! It's so simple! 

Message 67 of 240
Admin

Definitely hear you on this @KatieIdlewild. We'll keep passing along these requests to our Product Teams. We know these features are really important for everyone on this thread. Thanks for staying patient!

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 68 of 240

Any recent progress on this issue?

Message 69 of 240
Square Community Moderator

We don't have an update to share at the moment, @cajewelery - thank you for highlighting this request, and letting us know this is still something you're hoping we can improve! I'll add your feedback to this feature request, and we'll tag you here to let you know about any updates 🙂

Message 70 of 240

This is very disturbing that I cannot add flat rate shipping without making it a line item, which in turn taxes the shipping and this is inappropriate as shipping Cannot Be Taxed! 

How many others are having this Issue?

Is there any way to FIX this issue PLEASE?   And Thank You .... I look forward to a response.

Message 71 of 240
Admin

@SassyTSB I went to check on an update for this request but at this time I don't have any additional information to share. I'm very sorry for the difficulty this causes you. We'll be sure to share any updates we hear about this on this thread.

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 72 of 240
Beta Member

I too would like to request an update on this.  Many of our invoices include shipping but because the invoices portion does not see the item as shipping like the online store does, customers from states who are not required to pay sales tax are being charged it as we cannot be personally responsible for remembering every state's sales tax agreements for out of state purchases (not to mention finding said information is nearly impossible). When customers check out through online it automatically determines sales tax on items purchased based on where it is being shipped. Furthermore we have no way of setting a status for invoices to say in-progress, shipped, etc or attach a tracking number to their invoice order.  You clearly have the capabilities since it is available on square produced website.

Message 73 of 240
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Frenchhen at this time there are not updates on this feature. 

I wanted to also take the time to shine a a bit of light on how the Square ecosystem works. In Square every product (Square Online, Square Invoices, Square Point of Sale etc.) and platform (iOS, Android and Web) has its own development team and processes. This means features that may exist in one product may or may not be possible to be developed in another. This is because every team has Features that will be worked in collaboration with other teams and some Feature were purely or exclusively created for the use of the platform that needed it.

I am in no way implying that this particular feature we are talking about today won't be looked at, but wanted to provide clarity that because the reality is that even if it exists in another area of Square it doesn't mean it is compatible with a different product of Square as well.

I hope this information is helpful and feel free to ask away if you have any other questions.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 74 of 240

Yes, but doesn't that cause the system to tax shipping?

Message 75 of 240

We added the shipping as an item like discussed before and uncheck the tax setting.  Some people want to ship items they bought in the store so this way the item is taxed but the shipping fee is not.

Message 76 of 240

I created an item called Shipping, but it charges tax on it. How can I set it up so it doesn't? Thanks!

Message 77 of 240

Just figured it out... thanks.

Message 78 of 240

@vickiO I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner! 

I'm glad to hear you were able to modify the tax on the invoice item. 

If you need help with anything else please let me know! I will make sure nothing slips through the cracks. 😀

Message 79 of 240

Hi vickiO,

I'm experiencing the same issue with adding shipping to my invoice. When I add it as a line item, 

tax is then collected on shipping. What were you able to do to prevent this from occurring on yoes?

Thanks so much, 

lhart

Message 80 of 240

vickiO,

Thanks, but I just figured out how to opt out of applying tax to shipping on the line item.

lhart

Message 81 of 240

Hi VickiO, I hope you were able to solve this issue by now, 2019 :), but maybe someone else has the same question. Click on your "shipping" item and it takes you the the Details page. Unclick on "taxes" and it disables the tax fee.
Message 82 of 240

This is super frusterating. I when you apply a discount to sale, it discounts the shipping "item". UGH. We need a real solution please! 

Message 83 of 240

Hello @EKpopup

If you apply a dollar discount it will apply to the entire sale. If you use a percentage discount you can apply it directly to an item! This is true for sales made in person using the Point of Sale app. 

If you apply a discount to an invoice, whether it's a dollar discount or a percentage it will apply to the entire invoice. 

Message 84 of 240