x

Shipping for Square Invoices

The title of this thread has been edited by a Square Moderator from the original: "THERE IS NO SHIPPING Service FOR INVOICES"

Please do not waste your time with all the Shipping Nonsense ,     This is only for On LINE STORES .

If you send an invoice out to your client and they pay, there is no way to ship , 

There is no work around,     There is no direct answer from Square ,  Its is for NULL AN VOID.

I have spent countless hours, please do not waste your time

The PLUS program also is not going to help you with the Shipping . 

Please do not waste your money on that. 

So you cannot use any Shipping Service such as Shippo .

You cannot mark  your invoice as shipped .      

This has been very Frustrating for many as well as the hoops we have been asked to try.   

Message 1 of 240
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @phantomrain @LizS1 @DLRosenberg Appreciate all the insights. We have recently launched invoices x shipping. The option to create an Order for shipping is now an option when you are creating an Invoice. You can still request a buyer's shipping address like before. Once an invoice is paid, you can purchase a shipping label through Square, or add a manual tracking number. Check out https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/8080-set-up-shipping-for-square-invoices?utm_medium=web&utm_... to learn more! Thanks so much.

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 240
239 REPLIES 239

How do you apply the percentage discount to certain line items and not others? I'm trying to avoid my shipping being discounted and see no way of doing this. Could you please post the instructions? 

Message 85 of 240

Hello @OLL! This is a great question. 

Currently when you apply a discount to an invoice it will apply to the entire invoice. So a discount applied to a specific item within an invoice would be a feature request. I will flag this post so the Invoices Team can to take a look at your feedback! 

My previous post is referring to sales in Square Point of Sale. I can see how this could be a little confusing so I will make some edits to that post. 

If you have any other questions please let me know. 😄

Message 86 of 240

Thanks for the clarification, Chad!

Message 87 of 240

@OLL you're welcome! Also sorry about the confusion earlier, if you ever need help feel free to @ mention me. 😄

Message 88 of 240

I'm frustrated as well. I have to double ( or triple) the shipping cost so it is accurate when the discount is given. Also, sales tax on some orders, not on others- I have to keep going back and forth to the tax page in advance. Yikes- this is awful. I just swithed from Paypal- please go there- their invoices have everything on one page- you just click. Please.

Message 89 of 240
Admin

I'm so sorry for the frustration @Nadispencer and I really appreciate your feedback. I will share this with the Invoices team, I agree it would be very useful to be able to add a shipping cost.

As for adding Sales Tax, if you apply a tax to an item (from your Item libray) each time you add that item to an Invoice you'll see the option to remove the tax from the Invoice. That might help speed up creating Invoices as you won't have to keep going back to the Items section to apply or remove taxes!

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions or feedback please let me know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 90 of 240

Following - as I am having the same difficulty.  I have items that are recieving a percentage discount.  I do not want the same discount applied to the shipping.

Message 91 of 240

Frankly, that is a problem that Square needs to address. Why would I discount a shipping charge. A standard shipping line item should be available now. Considering going back to my other credit card processor because this is unacceptable.

Message 92 of 240
Square

Update: We know that this has been a very popular feature request from y'all and I'm happy to announce that we just recently launched the ability to request and collect a customer's shipping information during Invoice payment.  Now when you're creating an Invoice from the Square Dashboard or from our mobile app, you'll have the option to check off "Request shipping address." Here's a screenshot:

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 4.14.23 PM.png

This will require your customer to provide these details during the time of payment. You'll see this information reflected in the Invoice details from the Dashbaord once it's been paid. 

I can't wait for y'all to test things out and share your thoughts/feedback! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 93 of 240

When do you think you will have this feature added to the mobile app?? 

Message 94 of 240

Hello @heatherwylie, this feature is already available in the mobile app!

When you go to create an invoice you'll see the toggle under the more options section. Please let me know if you're having trouble finding it! 

Message 95 of 240

I already have her shipping address.  Not sure how this works so we can send the invoice once instead of twice for the address then again with the actual total.  

Message 96 of 240

Hello @Susieg! The intention of this feature is to collect shipping information from the customer if you don't already have it. If you have it on hand you won't need to enable this option. 😃

Message 97 of 240

OK I get that.  But where do we add the Shipping cost on the invoice?

Message 98 of 240

@Susieg, for that you would create another item called shipping costs and add it to the invoice as an additional charge. 

Message 99 of 240

But doesn't that have an effect on your actual sales? Seems like it being listed as an item it would skew the sales numbers. 

Message 100 of 240
Beta Member

They have it as a separate line item now just for shipping. Created and order the other day from my POS and needed to add shipping. 

- add items to cart

- then press Create Order, down by the charge button to the left 

- add customer 

-add customer to sale 

select fulfillment as shipping & also enter address & shipping cost & note if needed. 

It don't believe it counts as part of your total sales. It should be a sevice charge or just a shipping charge. 

Message 101 of 240

If you create a custom item called "shipping costs" and add the cost for the shipping, I noticed that it will be taxed. Is there a way to add shipping costs after the Subtotal cost for items is calculated?

Message 102 of 240

@modernrose you have the ability to pick and choose which items are taxed in your library. You could just not enable it on your shipping item. 🙂

Message 103 of 240

Just noticed this is now available in the Android app! <Insert happy dance!> Now to find a customer to try it with.  😜

Message 104 of 240

I have selected the "request shipping information" option on several invoices and cannot seem to find the shipping information my customer says that they entered anywhere.  I doesnt update the customer record. It doesnt show on the invoice or on the transaction record.  Where is it?  Maybe worse than not collecting shipping information is to collect it and then throw it away or hide it.  Paypal is looking better and better with collection and USPS link native.

Message 105 of 240