x

How long does it take to receive a refund back onto your Square Card?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Refunds on the square card how long does it take to be posted on your square account.]

I just bought a charger from bestbuy and then return it due to it being the wrong one , but I use my square card to make that purchase. Best Buy mention that it will be going back to the square card. How long does it take to be  refunded back to my square account or does it go to bank. 

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Overlookgraphci-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community!

Refunds can take anywhere between 1-10 business days to post to your account from the date the merchant (BestBuy) issues the refund.

As soon as we receive the refund, the funds will automatically appear in your available Square Card balance. In the meantime, please reach out to the merchant if you have any further questions on the status of this refund.

If the credit does not post to your Square Card balance within 10 business days from when the merchant issues the refund, please provide documentation of the merchant’s issued refund to us via email. Once we receive this, we can use this to open a dispute claim.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Overlookgraphci-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community!

Refunds can take anywhere between 1-10 business days to post to your account from the date the merchant (BestBuy) issues the refund.

As soon as we receive the refund, the funds will automatically appear in your available Square Card balance. In the meantime, please reach out to the merchant if you have any further questions on the status of this refund.

If the credit does not post to your Square Card balance within 10 business days from when the merchant issues the refund, please provide documentation of the merchant’s issued refund to us via email. Once we receive this, we can use this to open a dispute claim.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 11

This is not true I have been trying to get a refund for a square card purchase I made since the 25th; they say an offline refund is how they refund purchases using the square card . Most merchants have no idea what that is,  so I am still waiting for my refund. 

Message 3 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Furtheluvofdogz,

Sorry to hear you are still waiting for that refund. 

Please go ahead and contact our direct CS Support Team, and speak with Square Banking. 

They can investigate further. As well as guide you through filing a claim as Olive suggested above. 

You can reach support at 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport .

Please let us know if we can further assist! 

Message 4 of 11

Already  have still no  refund, filed dispute  butt that will be another 3-5 days at least before I hear anything.  The square card I will not use going forward.  

Message 5 of 11
Super Seller

I was wondering about having a refund put back on a square card. Is it possible? I have had an issue with a company trying to return a payment I made but they cannot do a refund. Anyone have success with it. I can’t find info about this or maybe I’m missing something. 

Ryan Anton Schaffer RMT
www.reginamassagetherapist.com
Message 6 of 11

Hi @ReginaRMT - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed refunding purchases made with Square Debit Card. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

Since the Square Card is a debit Mastercard, I would assume merchants could process refunds back to your Square Card just as they would for any standard debit card. However, it looks like the other Sellers in this thread have had some difficulty with Square Card refunds as well 😓

I am happy to dig into this further to get some more insight for you and the others on this thread! Allow me to reach out to the Square Card Team and see what they can tell me. I'll report back here with what I find out! I appreciate your patience in the meantime 🙏

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 11
Super Seller

I don’t believe there will be a refund as they get a declined process error right away. I am in Canada if that makes a difference.  

Ryan Anton Schaffer RMT
Message 8 of 11

Hey there, @ReginaRMT & @Furtheluvofdogz

Appreciate you taking the time to reaching out about this. Right now, this isn't available on the Square Card. I do know this is on the roadmap for our Product Team for some time in the future. 

Keep an eye out for a Product Launch when this becomes available. 

Thank you! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 11
Super Seller

@Kassi_  ok thanks. This should be a highlighted note if it is not. I don’t remember reading any warnings before hand about not being able to process refunds. 
Thanks for getting back to me on this. 

Ryan Anton Schaffer RMT
Message 10 of 11

So you're saying if I buy a product on Amazon and return it, they won't be able to return my money to me and I'm out the product and the money? That seems extremely illegal. I've looked into my returns and my profit and loss statement is way off due to returns not being processed. We sent items back and didn't get the money for them. Hundreds of dollars. Square cant do that. We will be contacting our attorney. 

Message 11 of 11