x

How to add more than 1 custom shipping profile to an item

Hello! 

Im trying to add multiple shipping options for several items international and domestic. I have different items based on size. I would like to add a custom shipping profile for international and domestic rates for each size. 

Whenever I try to add the same item to a different shipping profile it removes it from the original one. It seems it can only have one custom shipping profile per item but I need multiple because rates are different for international/specific countries. 

Any help appreciated, thanks! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Seller Community, @Squishbagsaz 😊

Unfortunately, it is only possible to assign an item to one custom profile. Are you able to setup your shipping rules based by weight, or are you trying to create specific rules for one-off sized items that do not fit the default rate you setup? 

Message 2 of 5

I have the same problem. It's a very simple need. Most of my products cost about the same to ship so I have a default US flat rate and a default Canada flat rate. That works fine. But sometimes there's a larger product that costs more to ship. So I need to assign that item its own US flat rate and its own Canada flat rate. That was very easy to do on my old WooCommerce site and I'm kind of stunned it's impossible to do in Square? How can that be? This seems like the most basic of requirements, am I missing something here? 

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @robgwin

At this time this is considered a feature request. Comparing WooCommerce to Square Online is something that will always leave Square Online at a disadvantage. Starting with how many years WooCommerce has been around, the vast community of developers that both WordPress and WooCommerce have will make Woo a more robust eCommerce platform than ours. Obviously, that comes with the price of having to set up and maintain a website, something that Square Online takes out of your hands.

Don't take this as an excuse, our team is working hard to bring more and more futures to Square Online and we hope that one day we can directly compete with WooCommerce.

Now, in regards to your request, I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

Message 5 of 5