x

I am new to square invoicing and want to find out how to set up sales tax on Dashboard.

I am looking into how my retail store can set up sales tax rates in the Dashboard while making invoices.  We live in North Carolina and there are 4 different sales tax rates depending on location.  If we ship an item in state, we have to keep record of where the item is shipped, charge the sales tax for that location, and report every month.  Is there a way to set up the tax rates in Square Dashboard so the correct one is available when making the invoice to email to a client?  

On a side note, we use a Square stand for POS in our retail store and have found it difficult to make invoices for clients as compared to the Dashboard version.

Thanks for any help.

Ben

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller Alumni

To set up tax go to Items / Taxes.  Here you can create all your taxes.  If you want to have item taxed by default Click the apply tax to item button next to the tax you want and add your items.  Then when you ring them the tax will automatically be there.  You can always change it during the sale by clicking on the item and toggling on and off the tax you want.

As for invoicing on the App.  Don't go to invoices to create the invoice.  Go to Checkout and ring the sale like a normal in-person transaction.  Once you have all the items selected hit Charge and scroll to the bottom of the payment screen.  There select Invoice.  Add the customer.  Adjust any of the other invoice settings and your good to go.

Message 2 of 2