x

I sell Tupperware and charged a customer 32.16 when it should have been $82.16. How can I contact he

I need to contact a credit card customer who was Under charged $50

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hi @Lin_ben1959.  Sorry to hear you have this issue.  There might be a way to resolve it through Square, but only if the customer actually gave you their email address or phone number for an electronic receipt.  Also, if they have used another Square seller and gave THEM their Email/phone for an e-receipt this will work.

Keep in mind that you might not be able to see the email address or phone number, due to privacy considerations.  But this will work if Square has it.

From your dashboard, go to your customer directory and find the customer.  Select them, and scroll down to the “Messages” section and press the blue “Send Message” bar.  If Square has contact info on file you will be given the opportunity to send them a message from this screen.  

Alternatively, if you do have an email address/phone number for them you could try to e-invoice them, which is another section in the customer detail screen.  You could explain on the invoice why they are getting the invoice and ask them to consider paying the balance.

If there is no contact information in their customer record, then you most likely are just out of luck — unless Square Customer Success folks know something that I don’t.  Mastercard/Visa/etc. will not give out customer information due to federal privacy laws.

Let me know if you need anything else.  I wish you all the best.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hi @Lin_ben1959.  Sorry to hear you have this issue.  There might be a way to resolve it through Square, but only if the customer actually gave you their email address or phone number for an electronic receipt.  Also, if they have used another Square seller and gave THEM their Email/phone for an e-receipt this will work.

Keep in mind that you might not be able to see the email address or phone number, due to privacy considerations.  But this will work if Square has it.

From your dashboard, go to your customer directory and find the customer.  Select them, and scroll down to the “Messages” section and press the blue “Send Message” bar.  If Square has contact info on file you will be given the opportunity to send them a message from this screen.  

Alternatively, if you do have an email address/phone number for them you could try to e-invoice them, which is another section in the customer detail screen.  You could explain on the invoice why they are getting the invoice and ask them to consider paying the balance.

If there is no contact information in their customer record, then you most likely are just out of luck — unless Square Customer Success folks know something that I don’t.  Mastercard/Visa/etc. will not give out customer information due to federal privacy laws.

Let me know if you need anything else.  I wish you all the best.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 4
Square Champion

@Lin_ben1959 If you don't have the customer's information I don't know there is a way to contact them. Unless they entered their email or phone number into your system? Even then you might not be able to access the full number or email for privacy purposes. You can wait and see if your customer realizes they were charged wrong and comes back.

Other than that I am not sure what you can do because it begins to come down to privacy as well as security. There are certain restrictions credit card companies/ banks/ and point of sale systems put into place so people can't just upcharge a sale or run someones card again for another price. It's great for the customer to have that piece of mind but can be a bummer when an accident like what happened to you occurs.

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

https://www.lovewellteaandcoffee.com/
Message 3 of 4
Square Champion

I suggest if you are high enough volume look into the rewards program, you can enroll customers through their phone number and in the future this may help. But i agree without their information in your system you are probably out of luck.

Message 4 of 4