x

Is there a way to see the detail of the split tender transactions.

Is there a way to see the detail of split tender transactions on my category sales report.  I'm trying to reconcile my cash and check when I close out my sales for a period but my cash doesn't match up because I'm sure there are cash amounts in my split tender transactions.  How do I see what's in those transactions.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Lsavelkoul and welcome to the Seller Community 👋

While you may be able to create a custom report for Category Sales and filter by Payment Method > Split Tender, any transaction available transaction details will be displayed exclusively under the Transactions page in the Square Dashboard. 

In other words, what you're asking is considered a Feature Request at this time and I will make sure to flag it and pass it to our product team for them to consider it for future developments.  

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

If this has not yet been done it is absolutely a necessity.  If it has been done, please tell me where to find it.  When reconciling to the credit card deposits, it is impossible to find the breakdown in a split transaction.  I need to know what portion of a sale was cash and what was credit card so I can tie out to the deposit.  I did finally find something within "transactions" as you note, but this is not convenient.  Thank you.

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

If you go in to your DashBoard-Transactions

The select the Date range (Last Month - This Moth . or select the days ) then Export.

From the Drop Down in Export you can get a CSV file of all transactions for that Time frame you selected.

Quick way to find a Split Transaction is in column AC Header of Staff ID, you should have your staffs 4 digit pin listed say 1234, for all transactions. for a Split Transaction it would have the Staffs ID 2 times  1234,1234.  One is for Cash and One is for the CC transaction.  You will also see the fee for the CC transaction along with the Total Collected, Tax Charged Cash and the Card amount.

I hid a few columns but here is what it would look like in a CSV minus the Header fields.

DateTimeTime ZoneGross SalesDiscountsService ChargesNet SalesGift Card SalesTaxTipPartial RefundsTotal CollectedSourceCardCard Entry MethodsCashSquare Gift CardOther TenderOther Tender TypeOther Tender NoteFeesNet TotalCard BrandPAN SuffixDevice NameStaff NameStaff ID
4/13/202311:24:13Eastern Time (US & Canada)$8.99$0.00$0.00$8.99$0.00$0.54$0.00$0.00$9.53Point of Sale$4.53Tapped$5.00$0.00$0.00  ($0.21)$9.32Visa8602iPadPocono Candle Store, Pocono Candle Store

There are more fields after the Staff ID for more details about the Transaction but this has been the quickest way I was able to find Split Transactions.  You probably could sort the Staff ID column to find the multiple IDs and get all Splits together.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 4