x

Recurring Monthly Purchase

Hello!  I would like to set up a monthly subscription where people will sign up on my website to receive one of my items every month.  They click on the link while visiting my website, fill in all of their contact info, are charged monthly, and I send the item to them.

Here are the options I've found on the Square Dashboard:

1. Set up a subscription plan through the dashboard:  It signs them up for a monthly charge but doesn't collect the person's shipping address. 
  2. Recurring invoice:  It looks like it is something I must create, email to the person, and hope they follow through.  
  3. Add the item to my store:  None of the items can be made into an automatically recurring purchase.

Each of these scenarios does part of what I'd like to accomplish but none of them appear to do it all automatically.  Have I misinterpreted something or is there a way to make this work with these tools?  Or is there another tool that will work?

I appreciate your help.  Thank you!  🙂

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi @4WARDproject - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Great Question.

With Square Online Checkout, you can set up one checkout link with the subscription feature enabled. Instead of using Square Invoices for recurring payments, the subscription checkout link can be used to accept weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annual payments from multiple customers with a single checkout link. You can also self-select which specific checkout links your customers will be able to pay through. For example, use donation links for accepting monthly payments from donors and supporters.

Send your customers a subscription checkout link through an email or Square Marketing campaign, or let your customers pay at their convenience by posting the link on social media or your blog. There is no monthly fee for using Square Online Checkout links for receiving subscription payments. You’ll only pay Square standard eCommerce processing fee of 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction.

Create Subscriptions

To create subscription payments from your computer with Square Online Checkout:

From your Square Online Checkout page, select Create a link.

Choose either Collect a payment or Accept a donation.

Enter a name for your link that'll be displayed to the customer. If prompted, enter the amount you want to charge.

Accept recurring payments by choosing the frequency you want to collect them (e.g. weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.). 

Select Advanced settings to toggle on Allow buyer to set the price (best when accepting donations). You can also Allow one time payments, which will give your customers the option to choose whether they’d like to pay for their purchase once or sign up for a recurring payment plan.

In Advanced settings, add two optional custom fields that can be used for whatever fulfillment needs you may have (e.g. collecting shipping address, coffee flavor choice, etc.). Whatever you enter as the custom field title will be requested from the buyer on the checkout link.

Select Save to create the checkout link, and select Copy to share the link anywhere.

When you create links to collect payments, the new subscriptions will appear in your Dashboard's Square Order Manager with your other orders.

I hope this helps. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2