x

Website NOT SECURE

Hi guys,

I bought a domain with Square Online and set up my website - more recently I chose to do some re-branding and changed my business/website name - So I purchased a brand new domain through GoDaddy.com and (as of today) added the new GoDaddy domain to my square website www.fullmetalrabbit.com 

I understand that this can take some time to take affect, but when I try search my website through a browser, it doesn't connect, saying "Error - Not secure" and the link for the new domain on my socials does the same. Strangely, only an hour before it accessed the site without this error!?!

I have tried many of the suggested fixes online, but I cannot seem to get anywhere. 

Any suggestions/known fixes would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @etArts, sorry to hear you're running into this. 

Thanks for trying some troubleshooting steps yourself, domains can be tricky. 

I had a look on https://who.is/dns/fullmetalrabbit.com at your DNS records and it looks like you have 4 A records, rather than 2

Screenshot 2022-07-13 at 08.42.48.png

To fix this, remove the following A records from your domain’s DNS and allow the changes to propagate (usually within 24–48 hours).

What you should be left with is Square's DNS records

I found some info on GoDaddy's site that may help you here. 

Let me know how this goes! 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 2 of 4

Hey, thanks for the fast reply to my question, however, this is of no help it seems, as the records are showing as cannot edit or delete!?!?!?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @etArts, just stepping in for Alegra here! 

If you connected your domain to Square, you will need to change the A records directly within the GoDaddy website. Alegra has linked a useful article on how to manage your A records in GoDaddy. 

If you transferred your website from GoDaddy to Square, you should be able to edit your A records directly within your Square Online Overview page. To manage and make changes to your Square Online domain’s DNS records:

1. In your Square Online Overview page, go to Website > Domains.
  2. Under the domain you want to work with, select Manage > Manage domain.
  3. Under DNS Records, select Add DNS record to add new ones, or Edit by an existing DNS record to edit or delete it.
  4. Modify your DNS records as necessary and select Save when finished.

I hope that helps, and let me know if there's anything else I can do!

Message 4 of 4