x

When setting up the website, why doesn't my items show in the Order Online page?

I'm trying to setup a website on Square using their Online tools (not sure what it's called).  Along the left side, I can click on Items and it will show items that I entered in the Item Library. I am having some problems with the following:

1) The stock isn't showing up when I'm editing the website.  I entered values in the Item Library, but it's not showing up on the website?  It's telling me that everything is "Out of stock."  Even when I go to the Items ==> Site Items and add more stock, it's still showing as "Out of Stock."  Same when I go to Preview the website.   Why is that?

2) When I go to edit my website (Online ==> Website ==> Edit Site)  and go to the Order Online page, none of my items are showing.  It's telling me to "Create your first item".  What's going on here?  Why isn't it loading from the Item Library?  The system automatically created individual pages for each item from the Item Library.  So, why doesn't the Order Online page know anything about the items?  Why isn't there a link/button to add items from the library? Do I need to enter all my items again?  Do I need to maintain 2 separate lists?

Very confused and frustrated.

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community, @DaBreadHouse

Do you have the sync turned on between your Item Library and Online Store? This would bring over the inventory as well. 

Make sure you have each of the item marked as "visible" too, so it will show as available on your site. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community, @DaBreadHouse

Do you have the sync turned on between your Item Library and Online Store? This would bring over the inventory as well. 

Make sure you have each of the item marked as "visible" too, so it will show as available on your site. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Message 2 of 7

Hi Kassi,

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, that was the fix.  Once I marked them as visible, the items showed up in the order on-line page.  As for the out-of-stock problem, I had to setup fulfillment.  Once that was setup, the out-of-stock warning went away.

Thank you!

Message 3 of 7

Great to hear, @DaBreadHouse!

Kassi
Message 4 of 7

I am having the same problem and I just synced it and everything is Visible.   https://lots-of-food-106957.square.site/

Message 5 of 7

I am having a similar problem but my items are synced and visible. I tried removing them and adding them again. I tried signing in and out, and I still can't get them to show up. When I go to the WEBSITE EDITOR>Items_tab, it says "it looks like you have no items" and prompts me to "create an item. 

Message 6 of 7

Hi @cafemicasita 👋 I responded to your other post, but I am also responding here in case you do not see the other reply. 

Can you please post a link to your website, and let us know an item or two that is missing? We need to be able to see the live site in order to help troubleshoot. 😊

I'll be on the lookout for your reply!

p.s. Welcome to the Seller Community!!

Message 7 of 7