x
Beta Member

Which receipt printer can I use with Square?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Receipt Printer

Can anyone tell me which receipt printer I need.

I am setting up self serve and need the printer to printer orders, to my bar staff, that customers submit from their table.

I want to use my Samsung S7 Edge phone to connect the printer to.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

There is a full list of printers in the Square help section here but my personal recommendation would be one of the Star Ethernet printers. 

Youโ€™re not able to use a Bluetooth printer with Android, so this leaves you with either network or USB. Something like the Star MC-Print3 can do Ethernet or USB & has a nice feature of printing the tickets out towards you (the right way round too!) & is the printer I use for my online orders. 

If youโ€™re not able to run a network cable to where you want the printer to be then there is really only one option in the Star TSP143IIIW as itโ€™s the only WiFi based version. 

If you donโ€™t have a network, then youโ€™d need to use a USB connection. 

As a side point, the app will need to be open to auto print the tickets so if this all works well for you it might be worth considering picking up a tablet to run the app & stay on at the bar. 

Hopefully Iโ€™ve covered most areas of it - but just @ me if there are any other questions or if it doesnโ€™t make sense ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Pizza Is Chill

Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Thank you for your help

Message 3 of 3