x

how figure square footage for flooring

We have some ceramec tile and flooring to sell. i need to set my square to figure oy asquare footage 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hello @FI11 and thanks for your question. You can create an item for each kind of flooring you sell. For example, if you sell vinyl tile flooring at $2.50 per square foot, create a new item, and for the unit of measure, search/type for "per square foot". Select this option in the unit of measurement.

Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 10.30.30 PM.png

When you save this item, you can use it in your invoices or point of sale transaction. You would bring up your item (in this example I created a Test Tile item) with the cost of $2.50 per sq foot. You then add the total number of square feet you are selling.

Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 10.33.14 PM.png

As far as Square calculating how much flooring you would need to order...I do not think Square can do that. You would either have a paper floorplan chart with measurements and manually calculate the length x width to obtain the square footage, or use another commercial program for measuring or planning the square footage of a room. I hope this helps answer your question.

Message 2 of 2