x

how to batch edit low stock alerts

I want to turn off low stock alerts without having to go through each item. Is there a way to batch edit 100 or so items at once?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Thanks for your question, @BBG. You can do this by exporting and importing your item library to update your low stock alerts. See this best answer on bulk managing inventory for instructions.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 2 of 4

Hi there! I have attempted this method twice now, and the low stock alerts edits have not stuck.

I have mass-edited our inventory before, focusing on item names and notes, and it has worked. In this case, I am attempting to turn low stock alerts on for each item by changing each empty or "N" marked cell in the "Stock Alert Enabled" column to a "Y", and by changing each empty cell in the "Stock Alert Count" column to 0, then re-importing. But the changes have failed to transfer.

Desperate for a solution! Also wondering if it is possible to change my inventory settings so that Low Stock Alerts are automatically turned on for new items I create. The "Add low stock alert" option within an item is generally clunky and involves more clicks than necessary, plus the feature cannot be edited from our iPad POS.

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

@BreakawayRecs ;

Try changing you Stock Alert Count to = 1 not 0.    With it at Zero it is not really a warning but hey your out message, which I understand is what you want.  But I think Square is looking at a 0 as turning off Stock Alerts or the programmers are looking for a whole number greater than 0 in this column.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 4