x

Sms customer when item ready

I’m looking at starting with Square, we sell items and activities at special events, parties, markets etc and some of the activities once complete require the customer to come back to pick up their item.

i would like to know if there’s a way or app to do this, say we get their details at payment, they do the activity then leave, once it’s ready we press a button on the pos system and it will txt that customer letting them know their item is ready. 
this would also be good if it could work with a Bluetooth button when pressed it will sms the next person in-line for pre-booked activities.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hey @Andyr85,

Thanks for getting in touch!

While we don't presently have an SMS notification option for pickup of orders, you can save your customers details at point of sale by using our customer directory at point of sale . Once an order was ready, you'd need to then send an SMS or email manually to notify a customer that something is ready for pickup.

I'll pass your feedback on to our product development team though - I can see that automating this functionality would be handy in situations such as yours!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

We have a solution - https://notifycustomers.net/squareup/ 

Message 3 of 3