x
Beta Member

Customer Group to all Have Coupon Added

For everyone who is part of a specific Customer Group, I would like to add a coupon for them to receive 50% off their first purchase.

Is there a way that I can automatically do this for a group?

Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 31
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi everyone! In case you haven't seen it yet, customer group discounts launched last month. Thank you again for posting your suggestions and feedback!

Adam
Seller Community, Platform

View Best Answer >

Message 31 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Super Seller Alumni

You cannot set a discount for a customer group.  You can however send them an email with a coupon offer using Square Marketing.  Then this coupon would have a code for you to use and track.

Message 2 of 31
Beta Member

That'll work perfectly, thank you! 

Message 3 of 31
Admin

Thanks for bringing this up, @Macgrueber and great solution, @RHatch. 💯

I'll be sure to flag this post with our Product Liaison team — we'll circle back with any other updates. Thanks for your patience as we're always working to improve!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 31
Beta Member

Hi Tom,

I'm exploring Square as an option for POS and to manage my wine club.  I need functionality to create 3 customer groups, assigning each group an automatic % discount.  Is this available or not yet?  Without it, Square won't work for what I need for my business. 😞

Message 5 of 31
Alumni

Hi @DeanaFerris 👋🏼

Thanks for your interest in using Square! Unfortunately, the feature is currently not available and we don't have an ETA on if or when it might be implemented. However, @RHatch's solution above with Email Marketing could definitely work for you. Through our marketing feature, you have the ability to send discount codes to specific customer groups. This allows you to have different codes for each group. Just a heads up, you would need to set an expiration date for the discount so if this is something you would want them to continue using for awhile, you can set it for a date way in the future (year 2050, for example). The cool thing is you'll be able to track the usage of each code. You can learn more at Get Started with Square Marketing.

Hopefully this is in the ballpark of what you're looking for and you're able to join the Square family. If not, we always encourage our Sellers to do what's best for your business even if its moving away from our products. Best of luck to you!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 6 of 31
Beta Member

I could make this work (not being my first choice, but doable)....however, say I want to do a sale, which would be in addition to the group's regular discount. Can multiple discounts be applied to one sale?

Message 7 of 31
Alumni

Sorry for the delayed response here. But yes! Applying Multiple Discounts is definitely possible.

Puka - She/They
Message 8 of 31

Hi there, 

This is exactly my question. That said, I have a a customer group who receives a 10% discount on my private label goods for a full year but it excludes non private label. When applying the code is it easy for it to be applied to those items or does it only get applied to the grand total?

Thank you,

Sandra

Message 9 of 31
Admin

Hello @sfactor503!

Yes, when you're creating your campaign you can edit the coupon so that it only applies to specific items!

I'm including a screenshot below of what you'll see when you click 'Edit Coupon'. Below Applies To select Item from the choices along the top. Click percentage and select the percentage amount, and then add the items this coupon can be redeemed against. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 10 of 31

How are the Square developers doing on assigning a discount for a specific group? My company would really like to implement this and even platforms like MindBody manage to offer this.  Any ETA yet on when that will be available?

Message 11 of 31
Admin

Thanks for checking in, @dhyanaCenter!

We don't have an ETA yet for this feature launch. I made sure to re-escalate this to the appropriate product team, though. These features can sometimes take quite a bit of time to prioritize and build, so thanks for taking the time to check back in and for your patience.

As soon as we have an update, we'll definitely post to let everyone know!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 12 of 31

Is there a way to generate a "barcode" for customer groups?  We need to be able to assign a discount level to customers. This will help me as a small retailer to compete with the "big guys".  I have a lot of loyal customers and the loyalty program is nice, but has it's limits to market to a certain tiered group.

Message 13 of 31
Admin

!Hey @ajbrands-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community!

We don't have a way of generating barcodes for discounts, only for items. This is a great feature request though, and would be very useful for an easier/faster checkout process when using discounts. 

Take a look at @RHatch's best answer in this thread for a workaround suggestion when it comes to applying discounts to specific customer's sales. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 14 of 31

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Discount by customer or group or total purchase amount in timeframe

Hello I run a business both as b2c and b2b. I want some different discounts. The idea here is to give my b2b customers a wholesale discount based on their volume. So if in the past 12 calander months they spent $5000-$10000 they would get 10% 15% if they spent $10001-$25000 and 25% if they spent more than $25001

was thinking about going to customer in directory and applying that way but see no option for that, so was going to make a manual group for each tier and apply it that way but no option there either. So is there a way I can do this?

Message 15 of 31
Admin

Hello @Dugie33! Take a look at the Best Answer shared by @RHatch in this thread

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 16 of 31

That kind of works. I may just make a work around for it. I have an idea but we will see 🙂

no no rules against having multiple square accounts right?

Message 17 of 31

@Helen 

correct me if I’m wrong....

different locations can have different items for sale?

so in theory I could create 4 locations. General public, tier 1 wholesale, tier 2 wholesale, tier 3 wholesale and could copy the items categories etc then set prices differently per location? Then I could charge customers that way to get essentially the discounts?

Message 18 of 31
Alumni

Hey @Dugie33 - Stepping in for Helen here, but yes different locations can have different Item Libraries and different price points for said items. You'll just need to make sure that you're signed into the right location. To switch locations, you'll need to sign out and once you sign back in, you'll be prompted to select the right location.

If you need to be able to manage your inventory across these locations, check out more information at Multi-location Item Management.

Puka - She/They
Message 19 of 31

Perfect! This will work perfectly for me then. Even if I were to just have 2 locations and provide promo codes for my wholesale clients that would work. 🙂

Message 20 of 31

Hi I run a beauty supply store and just started to use Square. Is there an option when creating customer accounts to have a specific discount associated with the account? Also have that discount be automatically deducted from their purchase after looking for them in the system? Barbers and hair stylists in my store always receive 10% off all purchases. Since barbers and stylists receive 10% off all their purchases is there a way to make their account ineligible to signup for the loyalty program? I'm not sure if this is possible at all. Any alternative solutions or ideas is greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Message 21 of 31