x

HELP mahlerfinewoodworks.square.site

I NEED HELP!! I HAVE BEEN ON HERE GOING ON A MONTH AND HAVE INTERGRATED With multiple sites and not one sale!! Like I'm completely baffled!!

Gregory Mahler
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

have you got intsagram shots of your products and a payment link for items?

Message 2 of 11

No not yet I am still trying too weed through everything it's really hard when I make all this stuff by hand and then trying too get this website going the right way too make sales! My work should speak for itself like almost nowhere today can you buy solid wood handmade custom order items but yes I am hoping I can get too Instagram soon I just edited my homepage and adjusted prices because I felt somethings were a little high but now I'm in the ball park especially being handmade 

Gregory Mahler
Message 3 of 11

But thank you for taking the time too look as I am weeding through all this slowly as I get rhe time please feel free too visit my site and leave me a comment!

Gregory Mahler
Message 4 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Greg10 

I personally know how frustrating it might be to feel not one single is interested in buying from your website. In my experience, it takes some time to get traction for online sales.  I would follow some of the tips given here, especially starting to use social media to advertise your business and products. All so you might want to consider getting help from one of our partner agencies so they can get assist you to get up to speed with improving your website's visibility on Google and other platforms (SEO/Search Engine Optimization).

Last but not least our support team is here to help with any questions you might have along in your Square Online ventures.

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 11
Beta Member

Are you paying for advertising? If you just threw your site up, you won't generate sales without SEO, buying Yext listings, creating your Google My Business listing, getting reviews, generating social content, etc. It takes a lot more than just publishing the site. Also, even with good SEO practices it can take months to improve your rankings. 

Message 6 of 11
Beta Member

A potential customer of hand crafted works often looks at a website as a direct representation of the craftsman's work.

Your pictures are okay but not great.  Your home page banner picture is grainy and cut off when viewed on my laptop.  Some of your product pictures only show part of the product without a picture that shows the entire product in one frame.  The pictures of your table priced at over $2000 are mostly fuzzy and grainy and there is no sharp picture showing the quality of your workmanship and materials.  As an artist and craftsman myself, I loathe taking pictures because I'm seldom satisfied with the result and I hate using product pictures that are not "perfect" in my eye.  The pictures do not have to be perfect, but they do need to allow the potential customer to see the quality of your workmanship and materials as well as to see the entire product.

Your product descriptions are full of fragmented sentences, run on sentences, grammatical errors and spelling errors. 

There is almost no marketing or advertising that will overcome a site with this type of first impression.

1. Take high quality, high resolution professional looking pictures of all your products.  Eliminate  unnecessary props and background clutter like electrical cords, pallets, tools, etc

2. Clean up your product descriptions.  Break them up into a few sentences and paragraphs describing the product features.  Find someone to proofread your descriptions and/or have someone write them for you based on your words.

3. Separate product variations like color, coffee table with end tables, coffee table without end tables, etc.  Shoppers don't want to click and pay and then trust that their order notes will clear up any confusion.  For colors and configuration options you need to either separate into individual listings or use "variations" or "modifiers" to allow the customer to make 99.9% of the selection by clicking rather than by leaving you an order note.

Your website words and pictures represent you.  Make them all scream quality, attention to detail, fine workmanship, fine materials, etc.

Message 7 of 11
Beta Member

Your bread box photo looks like a screen shot from Etsy, is that your product/shot? 

I agree with others mentioned, be sure to uplevel your photography, and utilize social media to gain traffic in the beginning. Also, you absolutely should add an about me section and a shop policies page. 

Message 8 of 11
Admin

You might also consider using the Square Photo Studio app to take photos. It's free, so all you need is an iOS device and some decent lighting.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 9 of 11

Hi, I would add an about page to give some information about your business to make it more legit and personable. Also add a contact page with a form, and if possible, an address and phone number. This is one thing I look at as it makes me feel more comfortable making a purchase. Lastly, I googled your business and did not see it in the first page, this could be due to lack of SEO, or your site might be blocking crawlers. I did find a Facebook page that looked like it could be your business but there was not website URL listed.

Message 10 of 11
Square Champion

it is so difficult to get sales from your website alone. Since you create product you should have tons and tons of content of you making your product- so thinking posting that on Instagram and TikTok will help drive sales to your website

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 11 of 11