Applications for mentors are now closed. We are wrapping up the application review process and will be in touch shortly.
It’s official: The Seller Community is launching its own Mentorship Program. Don’t walk, run and become one of our first mentors. 🎉
Starting a business can often be a lonely enterprise, and it’s important to have a community around you that you can turn to for support and advice to help you grow. And that’s where the Seller Community Mentorship Program can help.
How does the Mentorship Program work?
The Seller Community Mentorship Program is designed to connect experienced entrepreneurs and business owners with business owners who are just starting out. Through this program, you will have the opportunity to network with fellow business owners, share your knowledge, get one-on-one support, and establish yourself as a business leader in your field.
The program will run for three months at a time, during which you will be able to meet one-on-one with another business owner, either virtually, in person, or through other channels.
If this sounds like something you might be interested in, please continue reading and learn how to apply to become a mentor. Interested in being mentored by another business owner? Stay tuned for another update soon.
What are the perks of becoming a mentor?
☑️ Recognition: Boost your reputation and be recognized as an industry leader among Square enthusiasts and the larger business community by sharing your business acumen and expertise.
☑️ Sense of community: This program is made up of business owners who share their experiences with one another. They discuss wins and challenges and offer suggestions.
☑️ Status: Seller Community Mentors will earn an exclusive badge on their Community avatar.
☑️ Mentor Lounge: Mentors have access to a private group within the Community that we call the Mentor Lounge. Within the lounge, mentors can privately engage with one another and our Community staff on a daily basis. Mentors will also find tailored support content and resources shared by the Community team weekly.
Who should apply to become a mentor?
We are looking for sellers from all different business types and industries. If any of the below sound like you, please apply.
- You have experience in mentoring other business owners or love supporting other sellers by sharing your insights and expertise.
- You are friendly, thoughtful, and respectful in every interaction.
- You are knowledgeable and have practical experiences in a specific industry.
- You are passionate about offering support, encouragement, and advice to small-business owners.
- You are keen to understand the challenges that other sellers face and provide solutions, advice, or workarounds.
- You have the time and energy to dedicate at least an hour a month to participate in the program.
What is the criteria to become a mentor?
- You are located in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia or Ireland.
- You have experience running or managing your business for more than three years, as well as leading and managing a team.
- You can commit to participating in the program at least an hour a month. We know you’re a busy business owner and we expect things to come up, but being able to commit to engaging with your mentee for an hour a month is an important piece of the criteria.
- You can participate in virtual meetups.
If interested, you can apply by filling out this form.
Can I apply if I haven’t participated in the Seller Community?
Yes! Please apply even if you have not previously participated in the Seller Community. If you would like to join the Community, learn how to get started.
What happens after I apply?
We are accepting applications for two weeks (July 17, 2023 – July 31, 2023). Once we have reviewed all the applications, a Community Team member will reach out to successful candidates with the next steps.
How can I apply to be a mentee?
Learn about participating as a mentee, receive one-on-one support and how to connect with other mentees in this article: Get Expert Guidance with the Seller Community Mentorship Program: Mentee Applications Open.
As a participant in the Program, you agree to abide by the Mentorship Code of Conduct. If you violate this Code, the Square Seller Community may suspend or terminate your participation in the program. Mentors are not employees, contractors, or agents of Square in any way. Please read the application thoroughly to understand your obligation if selected to be a mentor.
We’re really excited to meet and learn from our future mentors. Comment if you have any questions about the program.
Tra is a Seller Community Manager at Square. She is responsible for several programs, including Question of the Week, Seller Groups and our new Mentorship Program.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, you can register with your Square Login.