x
Admin

Live Q&A: Help clients discover, book, and rebook

Square Go, the new marketplace app from Square Appointments, helps clients discover, book, and rebook with you. It delivers 23% higher rebooking rates and 55% fewer no-shows.

[Square-Go]-Email-1-Hero-Image-Test-a.png

Having this added feature has given us more opportunities to fill our books and make booking services easier and more convenient for guests. It has helped bring new guests in and keep past guests with us. They love having this extra tool.” — Kristy Flores, Florish Lash and Nail Studio

We’re excited to welcome back kenyuhas from the Square Go team to answer any questions about our new marketplace app and how you can customize your free profile.

How to participate:

Post your questions about Square Go to this thread. Check back with us on July 19 as the Square Go team responds. 

A few example questions:

• How will Square Go help my clients rebook?
  • Do I need to switch away from Square Appointments in order to use Square Go?
  • How do I navigate to the Square Go Profile Manager from the online dashboard?

Please note: We are unable to share specific details on our product roadmaps, though this information will be helpful as we continue to make improvements.

️ Hailey
Seller Community Marketing Manager
Square Seller Community
Tags (1)
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

I love that clients are able to book their own appointments, however i feel it would be just as gepfuk if they can cancel their own appointment, or reschedule their own appointment if the current time and date Dont work for them. I am constantly having clients reach out when they get their first initial reminder (3 days before their appointment) to cancel, reschedule, or see what other time works. To advise them to do so in the link provided and they said they tried but the options are not available. So, I put it to the test myself and booked an appointment for me and I was unable to cancel, or reschedule or a different time/ date. Can you please help provide more info on this?

Message 2 of 11

Just as helpful* 

Message 3 of 11

I’m not sure if this helps.. it might be that you have to pay for that service, square has changed so many things in the 5+ years I’ve used it.  But it depends on how you have it set up. On my system I had it set for clients to confirm 24 hours before (I pay for this service, it’s not the free one $30 monthly) the system will not allow them to cancel or reschedule within those 24 hours before the appointment, clients had to text me directly to make changes (that got annoying quick for me). You have options to adjust that time frame or remove it. I did hate that clients would just schedule another appointment without canceling or letting me know of the change, because they thought it was a glitch in the system that wouldn’t give that option.. it would be helpful if square had a note in red or remind clients of the cut off time we set when scheduling or sending reminders.. I know it has a some kind of cancellation policy button so clients can click to read BUT NO ONE clicks on it to read it. 

Message 4 of 11
Square

Hello @GlowByMerlo,

We agree and one of the reasons we developed Square Go was to help clients manage their appointments more easily, and ultimately, save you and your clients time. Please ensure you have your Appointments settings updated to allow cancellations and rescheduling:

• Head to the Settings tab of your Appointments dashboard > click Calendar & Booking.
  • Scroll down to “Clients may reschedule or cancel their own appointments” and toggle this on
  • Scroll down to Cut-off time for allowing clients to cancel or reschedule > set a shorter cut-off window (or remove the cut-off time by selecting “None”)
  • Click Save

Note: Your cancellation policy will show in your booking flow online and in the Square Go app, and at the bottom of the confirmation emails your clients receive.

Once you update your Appointments settings, they will automatically update for clients in Square Go app. Please reach out to go-research@squareup.com for any follow-up questions.

Message 5 of 11

Thank you!!! This was super helpful. Sure enough, I had that feature turned off. 

I appreciate your help with this 💕💕💕

Message 6 of 11

When will this app be available on Android 

Message 7 of 11
Square

Hi @Nagozi,

Thanks for bringing this up. We don’t yet have timing to share, but will let the team know that you are interested!

Message 8 of 11
Super Seller

I have a few clients already using this app to schedule and keep track of their appointments.  I would like to be able to see if these were mostly current clients or if someone new was able to find us on the app.  Do I need to download this app as well to be able to see our business information and analytics?

Message 9 of 11
Square

Hi @Stacelyn24,

Appreciate you bringing this up. Unfortunately, we don’t have an easy way to view this data today though we are actively working on this and hope to provide more visibility later this year. Thank you for this feedback!

Message 10 of 11
Admin

Hello everyone,

I wanted to reach out and apologize for the delayed response. We have coordinated with the Square Go team and they will be addressing your questions today, July 20.

Thank you for your patience. Stay tuned for updates.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 11 of 11