x
Admin

TikTok Q&A: Ask us anything about the new Square TikTok integration!📱

We recently announced the Square TikTok integration, which enables you to reach new customers on one of the fastest growing social media platforms! With that, we were thrilled to host the team that built this feature for a Q&A in our forums on Wednesday, February 23, 2022. Read on to see what sellers had to say so far and keep watch for a summary post from our product managers.

A few example questions:

• I'm new to TikTok, what are the top three things I should keep in mind when I'm promoting my business?
  • If I could do "_______" with the new TikTok integration, it would make a big difference for my business.
  • How do I set up Shopping tabs, ads, and product links?

As always, we can't share specific details on our product roadmaps, though this information will be helpful as we continue to make improvements.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 1 of 84
2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: TikTok Q&A: Ask us anything about the new Square TikTok integration!📱

Hi everyone, wanted to share an important update:
Due to recent developments on TikTok, from Tuesday, 11th October 2022, we are no longer accepting new sellers into our Square x TikTok integration.

For now, TikTok has decided not to accept new merchants to Storefronts. Square is always testing and experimenting with commerce channels that enable our sellers to share their products, and we look forward to continuing to offer more ways for you to reach and engage buyers.

For any questions, please contact TikTok directly.

Verified Answer

Re: TikTok Q&A: Ask us anything about the new Square TikTok integration!📱

Hello Everyone,

Thanks again for taking the time to share your questions and feedback!

We hope you got your questions answered—the experiences you've shared will help us as we continue to iterate based on your feedback.

As we close out this event, we wanted to do a recap on three themes that came up frequently:

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences and we'll continue to improve Square’s products based on your business needs. If you’re looking to start selling on TikTok, follow this link: https://squareup.com/dashboard/online-channels/overview  

Again, thanks for your participation. For the latest updates, keep watch for announcements of new features in Product Updates.

1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi everyone, wanted to share an important update:
Due to recent developments on TikTok, from Tuesday, 11th October 2022, we are no longer accepting new sellers into our Square x TikTok integration.

For now, TikTok has decided not to accept new merchants to Storefronts. Square is always testing and experimenting with commerce channels that enable our sellers to share their products, and we look forward to continuing to offer more ways for you to reach and engage buyers.

For any questions, please contact TikTok directly.

Sumedha,
Square

View Best Answer >

Message 84 of 84
83 REPLIES 83

How do I set up Shopping tabs, ads, and product links?

Message 2 of 84
Square

Hello @TNLT, you can get started with our Help article here - ​​https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/7653-connect-square-online-with-tiktok. This has step-by-step instructions to set up your Shopping tab, connect Ad Manager, and set up product links.

Sumedha,
Square
Message 3 of 84

I already have a tik tok for my business so how do i set my shopping tabs to it?

Message 4 of 84
Square

Hiya @Bossbabe78, you can follow the steps in this article to connect your existing TikTok For Business account, sync your Square catalog, and activate Shopping tab - https://ads.tiktok.com/help/article?aid=10005133. Let us know if you have any further questions!

Sumedha,
Square
Message 5 of 84
Super Seller Alumni

We have a store TikTok account but I don't really use it. I sometimes task our Gen Z staff to make Tik Tok videos when they're on shift. 

My question is what info should I pass along to them on how to use this integration?

Kamala Allison
Chief "Do Good, Feel Good" Officer
In store: 1528 Pacific Ave, Santa Cruz, CA
Online: www.ShopFybr.com
Message 6 of 84
Square

Hi @shopfybr! That’s great that you have a TikTok profile and staff on hand that can help you create content. To use this integration, you can start by following the steps in our help article here. After you’re approved by TikTok for TikTok Shopping, you’ll see your Square items synced to TikTok, and can follow steps 4-6 here to activate a Shopping tab on your profile and include product links in TikTok videos. All product links point followers back to your Square Online site where the purchase takes place, so you retain the customer relationship. Can’t wait to see you succeed with selling on TikTok!

Message 7 of 84
Super Seller Alumni

Thanks for the tips! Just went through the process and my Square catalog is syncing now! Excited to see how we can use this feature to our benefit!

Kamala Allison
Chief "Do Good, Feel Good" Officer
In store: 1528 Pacific Ave, Santa Cruz, CA
Online: www.ShopFybr.com
Message 8 of 84

I sell CBD so Tiktok will not allow me on the platform. Really sucks too.

Message 9 of 84
Beta Member

We're in a similar situation, selling cigar products and services. Would love to figure out a way to still benefit from this as we do provide a ton of educational content as well.

Message 10 of 84

This is also my struggle too.  What’s your tik tok handle? Would love to connect with you. 

Message 11 of 84
Beta Member

@sigars.com and you?

Message 12 of 84
Square

TikTok and Square have different content policies so what you’re able to sell on Square might not necessarily be allowed on TikTok. When a product is sent over to TikTok, they’ll review it and determine whether it’s allowed. You can check the approval status within the listings manager in the Square dashboard (Items > Channel Listings). But just because some of your products are not allowed does not necessarily mean all of them are. If you only expect some of your products don’t meet TikTok’s community guidelines, then you can disable only those products in the listings manager by clicking the item and disabling TikTok in the sidebar.

TikTok’s community guidelines are here: https://www.tiktok.com/community-guidelines?lang=en#29

Square’s payment terms including unsupported industries are here: https://squareup.com/us/en/legal/general/payment

Brian Stanish
Product Manager, Square
Message 13 of 84
Beta Member

I am unable to connect my business TikTok account to Square. I continually receive "Incorrect account or password" error. Is this something Square can assist with?

Message 14 of 84

I have been unssuccessful as well. After countless messages to both Square & Tik Tok support I eventually gave up.

Jacquie Bird, Spiritual Wellness
Message 15 of 84
Square

Hi @SustainLA - One reason for this could be that you are using your TikTok account credentials (the ones you use to log into the TikTok app on your phone), whereas this setup requires you to create a TikTok For Business account and to use those credentials, which may be different. Have you been able to get past Step 1 in our help article here, connecting your TikTok For Business account or creating a new one? If this is where you’re getting an error and you think you already have a TikTok For Business account, try logging in to TikTok For Business here, or selecting “Having problems logging in with TikTok?” if you forget your username or password. If you think you have never created a TikTok For Business account, you can select “Create New” in the Square activation flow to create one.

Message 16 of 84
Beta Member

What are the benefits to this integration? I have it set up, but I've trouble getting a shopping tab to show up on our Tik Tok account - and i'm not sure if/why it's worth me spending time to figure it out. Thanks!

Message 17 of 84
Square

Hi @JoeTend! Congrats on setting up the integration! Here are some of the benefits you’ll get out of it.

1. Launch a Shopping tab on your TikTok profile. This allows your TikTok followers to browse all your Square Online items in one place without leaving TikTok so they can get a feel for your brand and what you offer.
  2. Launch product links in TikTok videos. One great strategy for selling on TikTok is to feature your products in TikToks themselves, without coming off as overly sales-oriented. With this integration, you can now include a product link directly in the TikTok video so that viewers have an easier way to purchase instead of navigating to the link in your bio. 
  3. Manage which of your Square items are synced to TikTok all in one place from your online Square Dashboard >> Items >> Channel Listings.
  4. When TikTok followers and viewers decide to make a purchase from your Shopping Tab or Product Links, they’re linked out to your Square Online site to complete checkout, so you retain the valuable customer data and relationships.

Here’s a great example of Square Online seller Patrice Nicole using a Shopping Tab on her TikTok profile, as well as product links in her TikToks to drive sales (view on mobile): Click here to see the example.

Message 18 of 84

Can you share best practices for placement of the video in square and links to and from the video?

Thank-you.

Message 19 of 84
Square

Hi @LocalSherree - With the Square x TikTok integration, you can activate several TikTok commerce features to grow sales to your Square Online site. Get started with our help article here. After you’ve connected TikTok and Square, it takes 3-5 business days for TikTok to approve your account for use of Shopping features. After that, you’ll see your Square items synced to TikTok in your online Square Dashboard >> Items >> Channel Listings and can follow steps 4-6 here to activate a Shopping tab on your profile and include product links in TikTok videos.

In terms of best practices, we recommend creating TikToks that 1) Share your story and the story of your business 2) Showcase your products 3) Share your customers’ stories and testimonials. Without coming off as overly sales-oriented, you can feature your products in your TikToks, and now with this integration, you can include Product Links that give viewers an easier way to purchase directly from your videos instead of visiting a link in your bio. More tips on getting started with TikTok available here.

Message 20 of 84

I have a service based business, how will the new integration help drive appointments and bookings? 

Message 21 of 84