x

I was given a loan that I did not apply for.

I was given a loan that I did not apply for. Could this have been part of a data breech or did Square just force a loan on me? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Does anyone else have access to your account?  AFAIK there hasn't been a data breach.  But something like this you would need to speak to customer support about to get things straightened around. 

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 2 of 5

Have you gotten a Cash App Reminder? They say I have a deposit of $750 that needs to be accepted.  This link was included -

seriescock.com/vYQKODy

Message 3 of 5

Very odd. I checked the domain seriescock.com and it does not exist.

Message 4 of 5

Follow up: Unfortunately, this loan was due to a compromise by an outside party. Square disagrees despite the fact that all of my bank accounts (business and personal) were effected on the same day. The criminal took out a Square Loan for $13,500 using my compromised information. Zelle granted the loan despite their use of a different business name. Square did their own investigation and determined that the loan was not fraudulent. I am now on the hook for the original loan amount (already paid) and an additional $2,000 in fees. The loan is less than 2 weeks old. 

I must tell you, I am extremely disappointed in Square.  Is it really this easy for someone to take out a loan from Square? Are they doing a thorough fraud investigation? I hope that others don’t fall prey to this situation. In the meantime, I’ll be looking for another way to accept payments from clients.

Message 5 of 5