x

Can I have a homepage website that customers can use to navigate to two linked Square Online sites?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: one website for two locations

I am using square online for one location currently. I would like to add another location, but just keep one website. (basically keep my current homepage address that shows a link to location 1 homepage and a link to location 2 homepage.) How can I do this?

Message 1 of 5
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Welcome, @crogers4! Thanks for joining the Seller Community and making your first post. 🙂

It might be easiest to create a category for each location in Items > Categories within your Square Online overview page, assign items for each category depending on which location they are available at, then add pages for each of those. This should give you one page for each location that only shows items that are available at that location.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
Alumni

Best Answer

If our previous suggestion doesn't quite fit what you're looking to do, another option is to use the Add site option to create another site for your other location. You would need to manage multiple sites for the multiple locations, but it sounds like this may help you accomplish what you're looking to do here.

Let me know if you have any questions about this, or if I'm misunderstanding your goals here, @crogers4

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Best Answer

Welcome, @crogers4! Thanks for joining the Seller Community and making your first post. 🙂

It might be easiest to create a category for each location in Items > Categories within your Square Online overview page, assign items for each category depending on which location they are available at, then add pages for each of those. This should give you one page for each location that only shows items that are available at that location.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 2 of 5

I would also lose functionality of being able to separate Sales trends by location. Is there really no way to have one website with two locations? After creating items for my 2nd location, I found that I cannot select them to add to my website. When I go to items from square online they are listed as unavailable with an error message stating "This item can't be sold online because it's not fulfillable at any of your locations. To fix this, make sure you have enabled Pickup for your locations, or modify the availability at those locations by going to your Square Dashboard." Is my website linked permanently and exclusively to my first location?

Message 3 of 5
Alumni

Best Answer

If our previous suggestion doesn't quite fit what you're looking to do, another option is to use the Add site option to create another site for your other location. You would need to manage multiple sites for the multiple locations, but it sounds like this may help you accomplish what you're looking to do here.

Let me know if you have any questions about this, or if I'm misunderstanding your goals here, @crogers4

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

I really need a unique homepage for each location. I want to be able to have one webpage that allows customers to choose a location and then is directed to that locations home page. This a feature that is very common for businesses with more than one location. Surely there is a way to implement in square?

Message 5 of 5