x

Monthly Subscription and zero dollar orders

We offer a monthly subscription to customer that lets them purchase up to 24 items per month for no additional cost and want users to be able to place order for these online. The only way I've come up with to allow this is to create a Coupon Code, SUBSCRIBER that gives the user 100% discount and then we handle things at the store.

Is there a better way to handle checkout for our subscribers. We'd really like to have a button on the payment screen that says, "I'm a subscriber" and collects their name and phone number when clicked. Is there any way to do that? Or another good option.

Thanks,

David

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

This is a great question. We really don't have anything specific in our system that will help cater to that, so using your coupon code likely is the best path forward. I am going to tag some of our Super Sellers to see if they have any other insight to offer!

@VanKalkerFarms @pessosices @bagelboss @Goldneye @GoGoGuest @mooretoys @jjgard

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7
Super Seller

@efficiondave hi! happy to help you out, but would need more context to make sure we're not recommending an approach that is not human experience friendly. If you'd like to DM a link to your website feel free to do so. 

The simplest approach I'm imagining here is to create a product with the price value of 24 months and renews every 2 years. We do this for our annual subscriptions which is 20% less than the monthly subscriptions. I hope this helps.

cc @AshleyK 

Message 3 of 7

You can see the description of subscription here: https://www.greenfarmjuicery.com/subscription

Either your suggestion doesn't line up with what we are trying to do or I'm not properly understanding what you are suggesting.

Message 4 of 7
Super Seller

@efficiondave thank you for sharing your online ordering link. love how you set up your menu -- showcases the products really well.

About your subscription question, is your intent for guests to purchase through this online ordering function from Square? If that is the case, I don't believe Square's online ordering feature supports subscription purchases at the moment.

The way we've helped our current customers to support subscriptions is by adding an eCommerce store that syncs up payments with Square like Woo Commerce. There are tools to also synch up inventory back to your Square inventory. If you'd like to learn more feel free DM orr each out via my contact information.

Message 5 of 7

I've created plenty of WooCommerce sites for clients before and love its power and customizability. But in this case, it seemed like Square Online would meet most of the client's needs and would better integrate with their existing workflow. I'll be disappointed if we need to rebuild the store using WooCommerce.

Message 6 of 7
Super Seller

@efficiondave when you say "Square Online" are you referring to the link you shared which is the online ordering menu?

Subscriptions as a feature are available on Weebly which is part of Square. So you don't necessarily stuck with Woo Commerce. We use Woo for brands that are growing their digital foot print and eCommerce channels while maintaining physical storefronts. The beauty of it is that Square can be the main payment and inventory gateway for real-world and digital.

As far as your potential disappointment -- I would defer to the Square team. Just sharing what we have found what works best and seamlessly for our customers. Best of luck on your search. Cheers! 

Message 7 of 7