x
Beta Member

Updates to Categories Not Showing on Site

My site has suddenly stopped showing the updates I am making to categories.  I have one category with three subcategories, and only one shows - and that one is also not updating.  The other categories are not even showing in the correct order.  Everything looks fine on my editing screen, but not on the site.  I've tried unpublishing and republishing the site three times.  Still does not work.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 14
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hello @AbbeDiaz !

If you're doing a bunch of editing of your site and viewing the edits, sometimes the browser will show you the cached pages instead of the new version from your site.

What I recommend doing is clearing all cookies and the cache, closing the browser, and reopening. Chances are your site will show the correct categories after that.

If not, please let us know and please put your website in the reply so we can take a look.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hello @AbbeDiaz !

If you're doing a bunch of editing of your site and viewing the edits, sometimes the browser will show you the cached pages instead of the new version from your site.

What I recommend doing is clearing all cookies and the cache, closing the browser, and reopening. Chances are your site will show the correct categories after that.

If not, please let us know and please put your website in the reply so we can take a look.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 14
Beta Member

Thank you.  I waited several hours, and it started showing correctly.

Message 3 of 14

Good evening,

I'm having an issue with the updates to my Site Categories reflecting on my Site. I've Unpublished & Published my site & even cleared all of my Browser Cookies. Tried loading the Site in another Browser that I never use. The Categories are still showing out of order. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Message 4 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Hello @ADComicStore

and welcome to our Seller Community! 

Can you drop your domain here so we can take a look? 

Thank you.

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 14

Message 6 of 14

@ADComicStore- Is it possible to send us a screenshot of what you are referring to? Your item categories look in place. Feel free to give us a call as well to look into this in detail. 

Thank you. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 7 of 14

The 1st picture is from my Dashboard.

The 2nd picture is how the Categories show up on my website.

See how they don't match up?

DashboardDashboard

WebsiteWebsite

Message 8 of 14

Thanks for your time @ADComicStore

We took a closer look at the back end of your account. It looks like the error has been fixed. If this happens again or if you continue to see the same thing happen, please publish your website once more. 

As a reminder, the order or your categories is controlled by how they are set up under Items > Categories, however, after any changes, it's a good idea to publish the website once more. 

Thank you. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 9 of 14

It was fixed, but now it's not.....again.

I Published my Site again, but the Categories are still out of order. Is there something else that I should be doing?

Message 10 of 14

my categories are having the same problem I deleted categories on my site but the are still showing on all browsers and I deleted my data and cache on my browsers

Message 11 of 14

It looks like you have done your fair share of troubleshooting this experience @SilhouetteNY Our eCommerce Support team will be able to look into this with you! When you have a moment,  you can give us a call at 855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday. If you call outside of these hours, you will be required to enter your Customer Code to validate your account.

You can also get in touch with our Messaging and Email Support Teams here

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Message 12 of 14

My categories are having the same problem.   I deleted categories on my site but they are still showing on browsers. I deleted my data and cache on my browsers more than once. Also some are showing duplicate categories on the site, but not in the editor.  

Message 13 of 14

Hi @yarnrebel,

Thank you for letting us know. I am sorry you are having to deal with this issue. Can you provide some examples of categories that are showing. Also the ones being duplicated. If you can provide any screenshots that would be great. 

Message 14 of 14