x

Has anyone experienced difficulties in creating online categories with a drop-down function?

We are having difficulties in setting up our online website to have our pricing of products without adding a cart to check-out (To provide more context - we are a party rental equipment company) and we require a lot more information such as set up costs and delivery fees from the client before confirming a booking- these vary per client event needs. We also wanted to showcase all the colors of our available items without creating multiple items and would love a drop-down option. Would you suggest that we leave Square altogether to another site/business or has anyone had the capability to do what we've described? Your help is greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @mnnpartyrentals- thanks for reaching out, I am happy you could join our Seller Community! 👋😊

Adding items as services and using appointments is the best workaround I can think of right now. With appointments, you can set variations to services to add colors and even change the duration. And you can block that item they're renting as a resource, so it doesn't get double booked. I am tagging some of our super sellers who can provide their input. @wajiha @MudFire_D @DLRosenberg.

I hope this helps! If you need anything else let me know! 😀

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Not sure what you mean.   May have to use a lot of sub categories and variations.  I messed up not using variations from the start and have a lot of things to redo.  Square is a bit difficult to do a lot of customizations, you got to be able to outsmart the templates.  There are many items on my page that could have been one item with a variation (color).  But if you put the color you want to show as the variation photo, may be one way.

www.castlerockbait.com

Jayme Miller
Message 2 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @mnnpartyrentals- thanks for reaching out, I am happy you could join our Seller Community! 👋😊

Adding items as services and using appointments is the best workaround I can think of right now. With appointments, you can set variations to services to add colors and even change the duration. And you can block that item they're renting as a resource, so it doesn't get double booked. I am tagging some of our super sellers who can provide their input. @wajiha @MudFire_D @DLRosenberg.

I hope this helps! If you need anything else let me know! 😀

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

Hi everyone 🙂 - we are using appointments in a pretty basic capacity rn - but I think the blocking functionality is great and we toyed with it and that could be a workaround. As far as our online site we typically are listing unique items of pottery but we do use the variations drop for regular online items like our summer camp or special holiday classes with a drop down list for available dates and times. Those could be addressed with multiple labeled or numbered photos in the listing?

D [they/them]

MudFire CEO | Square enthusiast

Visit me at MudFire online
Message 4 of 4