x

SEO mystery

Hello.  I have had a webstore launched since last year and ZERO sales. I'm fairly certain that my SEO information is accurate and properly set up, however no visits!  Can anyone tell me or give me guidance and EXACTLY what to do to correct the problem and start selling?  Otherwise, a huge waste of my money.  Can I get live help with an SEO professional?  Can I pay to boost my SEO exposure?  Where does one go to do this from within square??  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

HI, it depends on what you are selling.  Are you selling one-of-a-kind items or is it mass produced with thousands of websites selling the same things?  No one can tell you EXACTLY what is needed.  Every website is different.  Are you updating? Are you adding new? Are you promoting on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok etc?  You can go to Fiverr to search for an SEO person.  Square does not offer any additional SEO assistance.  

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

In addition to what Gold said, feel free to share your website so we can take a look and offer suggestions.

One thing to keep in mind is that E-Commerce is hard, especially in today's world where influencers and social media make it sound easy.

Standing out and getting actual clicks is a lot harder than it should be, most social media is full of bots and everyone else pushing their product.

Depending on your product it might be beneficial to focus on offline customer building. Social media is great but it can also be a huge money trap.

www.PartyManiaBethesda.com
Please Require Customers to pick time/date at checkout for Square online. Thanks!
Message 3 of 4

I don't have advice, but I'm having the exact same issue. Have you tried searching your URL directly on Google or Bing? Try using URL:https://www.nameofsite.com (replace "nameofsite" with your own) to see if it is even indexed. I'm assuming you are using a custom domain, but if not try using the squareup URL they assign to your site. If it isn't found, then there is something wrong with your title or header that is causing search engines to ignore your site. I have found that I need to add a header to the page by using a <h1> tag and place it within the <body> of the page source. I read through all the SEO information and set up everything that was suggested. I contacted support and they told me to use the Embed code feature which I did, but it still won't add the <h1> tag to the BODY, which is where I need to add it.

You can promote with social media until the cows come home, but if search engines aren't finding your site, you are fighting a losing battle. I wish you good luck in finding an answer to this!

Message 4 of 4