x
Super Seller Alumni

Setting store closed dates

With the Labor day holiday coming up We are closed that monday and the saturday before as most people in the area are up north or out of town, and it would be nice to get a long weekend in before our busy fall season.

However, we accidently had some orders come in to be picked up on the monday we are closed. And while square allows us to set our regular open times, It would be nice if they could add special holiday closures as both Doordash and Google have these options.

If this already exists, let me know, but to the best of my knowledge there's no way to choose blackout holiday dates for online pickup orders.

Jessica
Owner/Founder
We'reDough Bakery and Cookie Dough Cafe
Flint, MI
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@weredoughcookie That is a great idea!  I know that I’m always forgetting to change that on the rare occasion we won’t be open.  Being an ice cream shop, closing on holidays that aren’t on Monday would not be a great public relations move!  LOL.

I’d definitely put my support behind a blackout-date option that would allow us to close for the physical store, the online store, or both.  Just in case you don’t know where to submit this, do it here.  Once Square gets it they will review it and get back to you with their decision.  If you’ll post a link to your feature request in the Super Seller Lounge, I’ll weigh in, as I’m sure other SS will.

Regards,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 2