x

Setting up Square Online for Preorder minimum one day ahead

Hello, I'm trying to set up Square Online to allow customers to pre-order minimum one day ahead.  For example, the cutoff time is 12pm for pickup tomorrow or up to 7 days in advance.  Customer will be able to select pickup times at 15 minute intervals.  Is there a setting to enable Square Online to collect and print all orders to my thermal printer at 12pm daily for orders that are scheduled for pickup the next day?

Is there a way to print a kitchen ticket stub only for a subset of the ordered items (for example, if customer orders menu items in a specific category or select items, then a kitchen ticket stub is printed for those items only).  We don't need kitchen ticket stubs for everything a customer orders, only certain menu items that need additional prep time.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hello @happy8

And WELCOME to our Seller Community! 

You can absolutely set up your Online Store so your customers can pre-order a day in advance for pickup. 

We offer two options to print the tickets for your orders. 

One will print them at the time the order is placed, regardless of when the order will be picked up. 

The other option is to print the order based on the pickup time and prep time, for example, if your customer is picking up at 12 p.m. and the prep time for your items is 1 hour, the ticket will print at 11 a.m.

And yes, it is possible to print only certain categories to your kitchen printer. The instructions to achieve this can be found in this article

At this time, we don't offer an option to print all pickup orders at a specific time. If you'd like to suggest this feature, visit the Ideate boards here in the Seller Community. 

If you have additional questions, please let me know, I'll be happy to help. 

Thank you. 

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

Thank you. Does prep time affect availability of items?  What if customer wants to schedule pickup for certain menu items that exceeds the prep time, will the items still be available to order?

Message 3 of 7

@happy8 

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question correctly. 

But if you are referring to individual item prep time vs. the prep time you set up within the pickup settings, whichever one is the longest is the one that will be applied to the order. 

So yeah, the order can be placed, but customers will see a longer prep time on their end.

Let me know if that answers your question!

Frances
Message 4 of 7

Let’s say a customer orders item A at 12pm. He selects pickup time 2pm, 2 hours later But item A has prep time of 3 hours. Will he still be able to see and order item A since prep time of 3 hours exceeds 2 hours?

Message 5 of 7

Hi @happy8 - Violet here, following up for @frances_a. It looks like you still need help with this, so I kept the ball rolling on your inquiry.

For that particular situation, if Item A has a prep time of 3 hours, the customer wouldn't be able to select the 2pm pickup time. They will see the item, and they will be able to order it. However, the earliest pickup time they'd be able to select for that situation would be 3pm.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 6 of 7

I see, that makes sense, thank you.  

Since I am trying to set up my Square Online to take orders one day in advance, I noticed that when I mark items as out of stock on Square POS, it is also showing as out of stock on Square Online website.

The purpose of taking orders one day in advance is to allow customers to pre-order those items.  Is it possible for customers to place an order on Square Online for items that are marked out of stock on Square POS?

Message 7 of 7