x

Unauthorized change in sync settings deleted item descriptions for ALL online listings

We started a chat to investigate why the inventory from items in our Square POS was not syncing with our online listings, which has only recently been an issue. The representative did not ask for permission to access the dashboard and instead edited our sync settings, which overrode all online item descriptions with POS item descriptions. We create and format item descriptions online, not the POS, so this change erased the descriptions from every one of the thousands of items in our online library. This represents hours and hours of work and untold loss in sales, as our customers rely on these descriptions to order online and to shop in the store. We're being told this unauthorized change is irreversible, but hoping someone in the community has experience with/insight into this disastrous situation.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Oh no, @annaf, this sounds terrible! We similarly create all of our descriptions in the Online Store, so I've always avoided toggling that setting "On" for exactly this reason. I'm so sorry this happened!! I don't think it's possible to reset it from the seller side -- it unfortunately says that once it's done, it can't be undone. But, if it were me, I would persist in trying to connect with someone at Square who might be able to reverse it. The rep might not have that access, but maybe they can elevate you to another department? In my experience, if you can get to the right person, the Square team is incredibly helpful. 

Michelle Savage
Co-Founder & President
Savage Goods | @savagegoods | savagegoods.com
Message 2 of 2