x
Beta Member

Was the Upgraded Website Worth It?

Thinking of upgrading, the only things that really benefit me would be the automatic Shipping calculations and the pre-order capabilities. What are your favorite features and why?

Laine
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Champion

Hello @LaineKat !

I upgraded my site, and I can honestly say the best reason for me was the personalized ordering screen. When your customer signs in, they are presented with a list of items they ordered, loyalty status and the ability to apply loyalty rewards, Square Pay which means they don't need to fumble around for a card, and other suggested items.

Being able to have the extra shipping options, reviews, and abandoned cart trackers are definitely nice as well, but I've found that if I can reduce the friction of the ordering it helps with repeat ordering.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Square Champion: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 8
Square Champion

Signs in...... Oh @ryanwanner we don't have that yet 🙈

Message 3 of 8
Square Champion

@Sam_400º  Booooo! I hope this feature gets to your side of the pond sooner than later!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Square Champion: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 4 of 8
Square Champion

@ryanwanner Oh man I've got a list 🤣

Message 5 of 8
Square Champion

Hey @LaineKat depends from where and to what! 

Having the custom domain I think is the most important feature for most (me included!). 

Message 6 of 8
Admin

Highlighting this comment from, Sam!  Hi @LaineKat , I'm Hailey - the marketing manager for the Square Community. Before Square I ran my own business supporting small business owners with their websites and marketing. I can attest to this point being a big pro - from an SEO perspective it's very helpful. 

Search engines like Google prefer websites with custom domains because they look more professional and reliable. Plus, having your own domain makes it simpler for people to remember and find your website! 

️ Hailey
Seller Community Marketing Manager
Square Seller Community
Message 7 of 8

I don't see the point of upgrading just to have calculated shipping.  Would need more features,  upload capabilities and more storage so I didn't have to have links to youtube videos showing ads for other things on my webpage that I don't get compensated for.

Jayme Miller
Message 8 of 8