x
Beta Member

Why are employees receiving online order notification

I apologize if this has been covered in a thread. 

Our employees are getting online order notifications. How can I stop that?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

@WineSneak How are your employees receiving these notifications?  And where?

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

On the Square App. 

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller

@WineSneak Thank you.  So, you can control which apps get online order notifications.  If you go to More -> Orders -> Order notifications, you can toggle off the setting to “Allow new order notifications.”  If you have curbside arrival notifications on in your store, you can also toggle that off.  Just remember to have one POS (your main one, probably) that has these settings enabled.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

But will that disable notifications for admin also? I just don't want our employees getting notified.

Message 5 of 7
Super Seller

I see.  You can’t do that, as this is a device-level notification, not a sign-in level notification.  If multiple employees are using the same POS, they all get it or none of them get it, currently.  So, right now, the solution I just gave you assumes that one device is used exclusively by admins.  If that’s not possible, I can’t see any other choice but to submit a feature request.  Just be very detailed about your online order flow in that request, as well as why having order notifications displayed for your employees is not good for your particular business (or business type).

Sorry I can’t help you more with your immediate need.  Good luck!

Chip

Website
Facebook
Message 6 of 7
Beta Member

Thank you for taking the time to help with this subject. I really appreciate it

Message 7 of 7