x

Why can customers order items that I've made unavailable in my Online Store settings?

[The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.]

It seems that I have had 3 customer order items that I had taken off the sections on my online store - I looked at the site & saw that these specific items are indeed off the site - is there a glitch?

MW2

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

HI, need a bit more information to hopefully help.  What do you mean by taken off the sections and are off the site?  Did you delete them? Hide them? or Make them Unavailable?

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 5

I just remove the item from featured section - is there something more I should do?

MW2

Message 3 of 5

HI, yes, there is more.  To track stock, you need to switch on Track Stock in each individual item.  Then, when all are sold, it will display Out of Stock.  If you do not track stock, the system will act as if you have unlimited stock and items will continue to be available for sale.

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 12.15.25 PM.png

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 5

I did track all my stock but all my Christmas items were not sold out when I took them off my online store right after Christmas- yet customers still ordered Christmas items in January.

After your email I went into my items library & put all of my Christmas items as unavailable. Thank you.

MW2

Message 5 of 5