x

How do I allow my daughter login access to my Square account?

My daughter is trying to sign into Square using my login information and it keeps telling her incorrect login. Does she have to set up her own account but attach it to our business bank account?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Champion

Hi @MortonFarms.  The incorrect login message almost always means that there is something wrong with either the provided email address or password.  In fact, I can’t think of another reason for that error message at the moment.  So, you might want to check that your daughter has the correct information.  Alternatively you can set her up as a team member with her own email address and give her permissions as needed,  Then she can set up her login credentials for your Square account and use those to sign in instead.  That might be better than giving out your main account access credentials, anyway.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Hi MortonFarms,

Assuming your daughter is using both your login email address and password - she should be able to login to your account.  The system only knows the email address and password - it does not know who is actually at the keyboard.  You may want to actually see what she is typing in - from experience - I have had to actually site with people on site to see what they were typing. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Champion

@MortonFarms ,

You could also set her up with a device code, then she would sign in with the device code instead of your owners email and passoword.  Another way would be to create a user Pin code for employee access.

More about Device Codes : 5586-manage-devices-by-location 

More about employee access :5822-employee-permissions 

Even with a free account you can assign 2 pins..... 1 with FULL access and 1 with limits you can set and adjust.

I did this for us.  We use the Employee login mainly and then if I need to adjust something I log in with the owners pin.  Which I do more so from the Square Dashboard and not from with in an app on the cell or tablets POS screens.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 4