x

Why is Personal Name showing up on checkout of a service?

On the services I create, my personal name is showing up on the square terminal at checkout. It is in gray print under the service item. How do I get that off? People ask about it all the time. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Champion

Hi @cabkraft1969.  I can’t seem to recreate this in my shop.  Could you please post a screen shot/photo of what you are seeing?  Thanks!

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 4

Chip, thanks for looking at this. I cannot upload a screen shot here. Here is a link to the screenshot.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/zpjmj8nksoxwkbdde2n0n/IMG_6128.jpg?rlkey=4wjqe5pwmldckw80g4larp94h&dl...

Message 3 of 4
Square Champion

@cabkraft1969.  Ok, that helped a lot, but unfortunately I still don’t have an answer.  You posted on the Square POS board, but the screen shot you provided shows the Square Appointments POS.  Once I realized that, I was able to at least figure out what is causing this.  See the screen shot below, area circled in red.  In the Appointments POS, whatever staff member is assigned to the service or item added to the cart shows up here.  Since the Square account was set up in your name, that is the default name used for all services and items in the Appointments POS.

Search as I might, I could not find a way to toggle this on or off.  It seems to just be there with no way to change it or remove it.  I know why this is probably so — by assigning services to a team member they show up in the team member’s calendar.  That is a core function of Appointments.  If you don’t have team members that you assign to services, then you might want to consider switching to the standard Square POS which does not add this to the cart or printed receipts.

Anyway, that’s the answer to your “why” question.  I hope that helps.  Hopefully if you don’t need team member scheduling for services (for example, if you are the only team member right now), you can just switch POS apps and solve the problem that way.  Otherwise, you’ll at least be able to explain to your customers what is going on.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

IMG_5015.jpeg

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 4 of 4